• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anthron DSDplus

ARERHODES

a8b051e3d89c65f09ff0a0f4658d8985.jpg

Just got this is the mail. Scooped it for 40$ shipped from eBay. Did some rappelling this afternoon using a RC and then the Kestrel directly from the bridge. Worked awesome. Huge grip to control descent, squeeze to descend release to stop, or squeeze hard to stop. Panic proof. Locking off involves a simple wrap over the top.
29ec53a011c55f76ad7778a94e028efd.jpg

Samson predator runs through it smoothly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it looks pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Some Tree climbers were talking about it and saying it only made sense if you were doing some VERY high Tree Rappels. If you can't use it as an Ascender, I wouldn't bother carrying it just to rappel.

An ATC weighs 2oz.

Here is some info.
This guy makes s comment about not counting on it to stop you at the end of a line. The mechanism wants to see some rope load below it?
http://storrick.cnc.net/VerticalDevicesPage/Rappel/BobbinPages/FBobbin1152.shtml
Yeah did some testing on a short rope with a stopper knot from about 12 ft with a crash pad on the ground. Didn't hold running end of rope just let it hang. Descent was fast when engaged but again the second your hand comes off or you squeeze the device it stops. I bought it just to play with since it was cheap on ebay. Definitely only to be used as a descender. If hunting with sticks, you could easily rappel down with great control and stop, lock off, remove sticks and resume rappel with less movements than locking off a rack, 8 plate or ATC. not a selling point but a fun little device.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Back