• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any tips for splicing amsteel ultra tech 9mm.

Would you recommend a sewn eye or an eye splice?
I ask a rep from Wespur that very same question, last year and he recommended the eye splice. He said he liked the cleanliness and low bulk of the eye splice and I concur. All that said, there's very little setback with the sewn eye...both are great!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8

This method looks simple for ultra tech but I am not sure if it would be okay with an exposed eye.

Would you recommend a sewn eye or an eye splice?

I’d like the splice better. It’s cleaner. When you have it done you have to ask them to make it the size you want otherwise it will probably be too small.

I just tried to do predator rope and failed. It slides in and out so easy on YouTube. They wasn’t doing predator but another double braid. Man it was tight! Couldn’t make it happen.

I just tried to do predator rope and failed. It slides in and out so easy on YouTube. They wasn’t doing predator but another double braid. Man it was tight! Couldn’t make it happen.
The simple method looks easier. But leaves the core exposed on the eye

Yeah but I don’t like it.

That’s why I ask the exposed core would be fine on some ropes but the ultra tech core seems different than Amsteel. The technora core does not have the coating that dyeema has If the core was normal Amsteel I think it would be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm going to pony up at have wesspur do it on predator. It's one of the toughest ropes I've ever worked with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm going to pony up at have wesspur do it on predator. It's one of the toughest ropes I've ever worked with.

I think it’s close to the same rope as Samson’s velocity. Same diameter but weighs more. So I’m thinking they got a little bit more added in there somewhere. The outer jacket just doesn’t have enough room for me to slide another rope in it. Tried twice and had to cut my fid out.

I think it’s close to the same rope as Samson’s velocity. Same diameter but weighs more. So I’m thinking they got a little bit more added in there somewhere. The outer jacket just doesn’t have enough room for me to slide another rope in it. Tried twice and had to cut my fid out.
I gave up as well. @flinginairos is the only guy I know who did it.

you have to taper both the core and the cover more aggressively than bandit. Watch new England rope video and snap the hell out of it. Greg

Back