• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anything That Comes To A Call

Autumnrider

Turned on the fox pro for a coyote and about 3 minutes later, I flat lined this cat at 80 - 100 yards. I think this is my first cat (? I think?)
6f7b44d2309be0f3afc84fe3f2655bed.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I used to hunt coyotes and cats with a group of houndsmen. Biggest Bob was a little over 38#'s....for several winters we haven't had enough snow cover during the season to put the dogs on a good hot track...so haven't run them for a while.

I used to hunt coyotes and cats with a group of houndsmen. Biggest Bob was a little over 38#'s....for several winters we haven't had enough snow cover during the season to put the dogs on a good hot track...so haven't run them for a while.
Never done the dawgs, but I look for fresh cat and dawg tracks in the mud, scat (yote) and half eaten small critters (cat). I have also noticed that where the turkeys are, so are the dawgs. Cats like turkey but I call in more dawgs when the turkeys move back in the area.

Never done the dawgs, but I look for fresh cat and dawg tracks in the mud, scat (yote) and half eaten small critters (cat). I have also noticed that where the turkeys are, so are the dawgs. Cats like turkey but I call in more dawgs when the turkeys move back in the area.
It's too hard to find cat tracks with no fresh snow and frozen ground...I've noticed in my area if I see turkeys ...pretty good chances I will NOT see deer in that spot that day...seems funny as the turkeys are fine watch dogs...?!?!?!

It's too hard to find cat tracks with no fresh snow and frozen ground...I've noticed in my area if I see turkeys ...pretty good chances I will NOT see deer in that spot that day...seems funny as the turkeys are fine watch dogs...?!?!?!
Just opposite for me, more turkeys the better. Down here, when the mud thaws, it's still muddy well into the night, when the cats start moving.

Back