• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Attached Quiver... or not?

fbwguy

Staff member
SH Member
I’m a rookie so I’m really wanting to pick y’alls brains. What is the thoughts on keeping your quiver on your bow or hanging from tree, while in the saddle? Hunting from a stand I’ve always removed the quiver from the bow. Does it impead your movement around the tree if it’s hanging? Is it better to leave it attached to the bow?

I always leave it attached but for me it requires switching hands with your bow. if you have a bow holder that will hold your bow far enough from the tree then your all set

Last edited:
I remove mine - whether I have arrows extending up, down or out from my bow, they manage to get in the way somehow. I use a G5 Head-loc, so it's pretty easy to remove it, and I added a paracord loop to the hood so it's easy to hang it anywhere.

My bow sits right up against the tree, the quiver would get in the way so I remove it and hang it on my bag.

i have a tightspot quiver and it stays attached. My bow sits with the quiver away from the tree, so I never have an issue.

I leave a Tightspot attached to the bow. I actually hang the bow right against the tree by the hood of the quiver. It's one less thing to worry about, and I can hunt in the tree or on the ground and not have to worry about quiver impact.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tight spot Quiver attached for me. I like the idea of hanging it from the Quiver.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

i have a tightspot quiver and it stays attached. My bow sits with the quiver away from the tree, so I never have an issue.

Tightspot for me too. In past years when I didn't have it attached I had a few times where I needed a quick follow up shot and my quiver was out of reach and took too long to reach and get another arrow. With the TightSpot I always have more arrows ready if I need them. They are dang expensive but well worth it for how they fit on the bow!

Tightspot for me too. In past years when I didn't have it attached I had a few times where I needed a quick follow up shot and my quiver was out of reach and took too long to reach and get another arrow. With the TightSpot I always have more arrows ready if I need them. They are dang expensive but well worth it for how they fit on the bow!
That’s a great point! Never thought about that. High price is right, that’s an expensive quiver! I guess practice from the saddle is what’s needed for sure

That’s a great point! Never thought about that. High price is right, that’s an expensive quiver! I guess practice from the saddle is what’s needed for sure

I will say though, I broke one of them last year and one phone call and they had me a brand new one in the mail the same day no questions asked. Great people to deal with and I think it's the best quiver out there just because it fits so well.

I will say though, I broke one of them last year and one phone call and they had me a brand new one in the mail the same day no questions asked. Great people to deal with and I think it's the best quiver out there just because it fits so well.

I will second this. My quiver should be in the mail from tight spot now. I had a problem with the quick lock. They sent me a new lever and a new washer to get me through the season. I bought a special edition quiver in kryptek typhoon which they don’t usually make and wanted to keep the hood. I sent it in and they put my hood on an 2018 frame even though the lever and washer they sent worked just fine. Great costumer service. Yes they are expensive but buy once - cry once.

I typically leave it attached in a tree and remove it on the ground or in a blind where I can have a follow up arrow in front of me if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always taken it off in the tree while in my climber and leave it attached in the ground. Time will tell saddle hunting.

I shoot recurve and leave it attached and hang the bow on the left side of the tree. To many times I get to shoot at more than one deer within seconds of each other.

I leave a Tightspot attached to the bow. I actually hang the bow right against the tree by the hood of the quiver. It's one less thing to worry about, and I can hunt in the tree or on the ground and not have to worry about quiver impact.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This is what I do, only with a G5 head-loc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quiver unattached....no need to have additional left or right weight on your set up unless you are trying to properly balance your sight set up due to the weight of the sight itself.

There is no need to induce potential unwanted torque into the shooting picture whether you are shooting from a climber, platform, ladder, saddle, ground blind or just practicing from ground level.

I have done 100’s of archery qualifications over the years locally for our deer Mgt program....of all those individuals that come through quals with their quivers attached, there are a very select few individuals that couldn’t improve in their shooting form and accuracy if they would just remove the excess weight and eliminate the torque. Just my 2 cents.

Quiver unattached....no need to have additional left or right weight on your set up unless you are trying to properly balance your sight set up due to the weight of the sight itself.

There is no need to induce potential unwanted torque into the shooting picture whether you are shooting from a climber, platform, ladder, saddle, ground blind or just practicing from ground level.

I have done 100’s of archery qualifications over the years locally for our deer Mgt program....of all those individuals that come through quals with their quivers attached, there are a very select few individuals that couldn’t improve in their shooting form and accuracy if they would just remove the excess weight and eliminate the torque. Just my 2 cents.

That's a very solid point I never thought of it like that.

That's a very solid point I never thought of it like that.

04bb99d19447b8f254c4d161588a3654.jpg
216190cb0f9540746e74f58cd416dabd.jpg
20fc0e8b14cb2049e19b33d4d4d67850.jpg

I remove it because my bow doesn’t hang properly with it attached.

Back