• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

BassboysLLP's ultimate platform

BassBoysLLP

Vendor Rep
Sorry Dave. I couldnt help myself with the title. Many people have asked so here it is. My favorite platform. Its a modification of the KLEMZ design. My favorite parts about this modified design:

1.) Rock solid with one strap. Strap it down and cam lock it to the tree and it is rock solid. I'm 215 lbs and can jump on this thing all day and hit it hard from the side. No second strap required.

98762d4e121b94dca23c7a97a876d13a.jpg

2.) Weight. 2 lbs, 2.1 oz. to be exact.

2c820d3c565b87a2529780e893709963.jpg

3.) Shim leveling system. Right now I'm using PVC shims with a bumper. They aren't pretty but they work. I hope to make some better ones before season. Considering 3D printing at the moment. Note that the platform is filed slightly to allow for adjustability.

8fc4fcaaa26e66e20648f13f2ab43fc4.jpg
62de5ecc5816cd8ef2af2275f3b407e5.jpg
b262418eb57abc5e5fa51fddafd5dbc1.jpg

The range of adjustability isn't as large as other systems but covers my typical slightly leaning trees. I have other platforms for the more extreme leaners (Thanks Dave1963!)

Last edited:
That IS a saweeeet platform

I like my muddy stick/seat platforms pretty well now that I've gotten used to them, and I still use the amerisreps on a strap a lot (especially with spurs). But that platform you have looks like the bees knees for sure.
I gotta do something similar at some point

Man that looks good!! I've been thinking of what type of platform I want to make and that looks really good. Light and simple, just how I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Dave. I couldnt help myself with the title. Many people have asked so here it is. My favorite platform. Its a modification of the KLEMZ design. My favorite parts about this modified design:

1.) Rock solid with one strap. Strap it down and cam lock it to the tree and it is rock solid. I'm 215 lbs and can jump on this thing all day and hit it hard from the side. No second strap required.

98762d4e121b94dca23c7a97a876d13a.jpg

2.) Weight. 2 lbs, 2.1 oz. to be exact.

2c820d3c565b87a2529780e893709963.jpg

3.) Shim leveling system. Right now I'm using PVC shims with a bumper. They aren't pretty but they work. I hope to make some better ones before season. Considering 3D printing at the moment. Note that the platform is filed slightly to allow for adjustability.

8fc4fcaaa26e66e20648f13f2ab43fc4.jpg
62de5ecc5816cd8ef2af2275f3b407e5.jpg
b262418eb57abc5e5fa51fddafd5dbc1.jpg

The range of adjustability isn't as large as other systems but covers my typical slightly leaning trees. I have other platforms for the more extreme leaners (Thanks Dave1963!)

No worries on the title lol. I actually have one pretty much just like it minus the shims. Only problem is those seats are hard to find and not made any more which is a shame. Not sure what guys can do in that case? No doubt it is about as light as you can get.

No worries on the title lol. I actually have one pretty much just like it minus the shims. Only problem is those seats are hard to find and not made any more which is a shame. Not sure what guys can do in that case? No doubt it is about as light as you can get.
I recommend you scour the WI Craigslist if you are looking or even ebay or archerytalk. They are reasonably easy to come by. A lot easier than finding the 8 lb lone wolf or assassin platforms. I specified WI as Andrae did a fair amount of local business in his early days and there are a lot of these early castings in WI. The few platforms I have are all from tree stands I purchased from Andrae in the mid 90s. I'm in the process of rebuilding these old stands with XOP parts.

This platform looks awesome! Which seat is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long is the aluminum?

Also, is the older lone wolf seats like yours just lighter weight? Is that why you prefer those? Would a new one work but just be heavier?

Bass - what is your final weight with strap and wedges included? I weighed mine (one that is similar to yours) this morning and it was just north of 3 lbs? I might need to cut my stick down?

Bass boy awesome job it looks great you and Dave are making some awesome platforms thanks for sharing! You guys are like the MacGyver's of the platform mods!

Roger,

Also, is the older lone wolf seats like yours just lighter weight? Is that why you prefer those? Would a new one work but just be heavier?

You have to have the older seats with the tree bracket built in. That is what makes this work with only one strap - the platform pushes against the tree so it does not tend to pull the top away as much.

Cam buckle strap weighs 7-8 oz depending on model. Standard rope will get you down to 4.5 oz here. 5-6 oz for a boat buckle strap. Less with Amsteel.

Shims are about an oz. So grand total less than 3 lbs. I don't know the variance on LW seats. I'd only expect a few ounces at most. There is an original assault seat that works in this configuration as well (it has two shorter rows of teeth) but I can't recall the weight.

My next plan is to modify one to utilize the XOP batwing...now that they sell spare parts :) I may reevaluate the entire design or I may just add a spacer block out of t6 6061 and call it good. I'll pick up at least a few ounces here which will put the entire platform at 3lbs if not more.

I think about 10 inches. The key to the old seats is the wedge. This allows it to be cam locked to the tree just like a treestand or an assassin platform. The new seats don't have the wedge.

Bass - what is your final weight with strap and wedges included? I weighed mine (one that is similar to yours) this morning and it was just north of 3 lbs? I might need to cut my stick down?
2 lbs 9 oz with strap. Strap weighs 6.9 oz.

So without the shim, the platform goes over center and collapses downward? Sounds like a good time to have a shim welded to the tube and not worry about losing the spacer. Cool mod for sure, just dont think those seats are as common as you think. Whats nice is there isnt any bending of the stick since the seat weight goes right to the tree. You jump on that eh? Maybe my seat was bent from the factory, cause I didnt jump on it and it bent. Granted its not the winged seat like yours.

So without the shim, the platform goes over center and collapses downward? Sounds like a good time to have a shim welded to the tube and not worry about losing the spacer. Cool mod for sure, just dont think those seats are as common as you think. Whats nice is there isnt any bending of the stick since the seat weight goes right to the tree. You jump on that eh? Maybe my seat was bent from the factory, cause I didnt jump on it and it bent. Granted its not the winged seat like yours.

No. Just falls slightly past 90.

Common? My buddies in the central WI area have gathered 9 in a few weeks just by word of mouth... In fact, there is one for sale on the beast right now.

By welding you lose all adjustability. If you don't want it, do the old klemz design. Stand hits at 90 degrees. I have two set up this way as I rarely hunt trees that lean that hard.

Yeah, I jumped on it. For years. At one time when I was driving 5 hours to work every day, I was a touch over 230 lbs too. My main three were purchased between 1994 - 1996. They were used as conventional stands for 10+ years. Lived I'm the woods year round for another 4+ years before becoming saddle platforms.

Last edited:
Back