• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bike Pedal Platform

Ontariofarmer

I know that many have talked about bike pedals on steps for a platform. I think it will work. It seems stable enough and quiet and light and cheap and comfortable. I tried it for 5 minutes in soft snow moblile boots and it is comfortable. More comfortable than cranford deluxe steps. Ernies platform is great but sometimes you want compact and light. It also allows movement around the tree. I will be trying this when I hunt next October. I used Cranford rod steps on plastic bike pedals. I think I could stand on that for a day

Attachments

• IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 202
I am planning on making a set for my bolt system this year. We're those just Walmart specials? How did you remove the bearings and inner metal sleeve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am planning on making a set for my bolt system this year. We're those just Walmart specials? How did you remove the bearings and inner metal sleeve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I popped the cap off the end and pushed out the bearing with a punch and then drilled the hole slightly larger which would not be necessary with a bolt. Most pedals come with a cap on the end and then the bolt can be removed. Ask a bike shop. I got my pedals from a bike shop. People are always upgrading pedals... kind of like saddle hunters constantly upgrading. I paid $5 for some decent plastic pedals with some grip and thickness. They were used pedals

I want to weld a couple nuts on my stepp to bolt a set of pedals on. Need to order a left thread nut for the one side I think. I bought the pedals from Walmart last fall, never got around to it.

I want to weld a couple nuts on my stepp to bolt a set of pedals on. Need to order a left thread nut for the one side I think. I bought the pedals from Walmart last fall, never got around to it.
Could maybe find an old bike at good will or some other thrift store . Cut the crank arms below the threaded portion to weld on the stepp ; no need to find a left hand thread nut with an odd tpi...?!?!?! and the pedals would already be tight.

i have a bike I am about to throw away. gonna take the wheels off and try to make a cart. if anyone is looking for pedals I could keep them if they pay shipping.

Back