• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bino harness

IHI6FAN

Vendor Rep
Which bino harness are you all using? I use one from s4 outdoors an have never really cared for it.

Which bino harness are you all using? I use one from s4 outdoors an have never really cared for it.
Depends on the weather. For nice weather, I've been using a basic stretch one from Cabelas, but for nasty weather, I started using a badlands harness. I have two. I got some extra buckles and webbing and attach it to my tree when in the saddle. It's a great pouch. Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of that, but I can get one. I bought a Sitka harness, but my binoculars are too tall and would not fit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use a regular strap style when hunting with my recurve to keep it off my chest and to my draw side. I use a vortex harness when rifle hunting. I have been thinking about something I could mount to the tree while in the saddle. I don’t like it getting in the way up there.

Alaska guide creations. It has great protection and keeps your optics out of the elements

I picked up a nice monocular and it live in a chest pocjet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a few that I have reviewed

Thanks,
Boswell
I've watched both very informative. I wear mine while in the saddle so that is somehing I have to consider.
Your videos are reason I went to the tree saddle that thread on Archery talk was the best thing that has happened for me hunting whitetail deer.

http://rickyoungoutdoors.com/basic-ultra-light-bino-harness/ (Sportsmens Warehouse has them for $19.99)

Been using one for the past several seasons. Light, never in the way, inexpensive and still looks practically new.

I like the way the elastic keeps the binos tight to my chest, but also allows me to pull them up for use without adjustment. The tension on the straps also seems to add a bit of stability as I am glassing, not sure why - may just be an illusion of my own.

Ray

Last edited:
I have two and they were not cheap. One is Alaskan Guide Creations and I forget the other brand. Neither one plays well with my harness. All the damn buckles........clickity clicking against my bridge like a whole bunch of playing cards clothes pinned to my old bicycle spokes.

I made my own. My take on the Rick Young harness. It’s minimalistic but has more convenient adjustability (tightners are in the front vs. rear).

You Just need:
shock cord
Nite ize #0 s-biners
Para cord
Squeeze cord locks
Optional: kuiu assessors pouch(s)

2a0e0f3ab4ddd1c3e9bebbf5024aa6e8.jpg

125510136b77e267715257b03be1ab7b.jpg

I like to keep all the standards in one kuiu pouch (small light, windchecker, mini compass) and my phone/gps in the other.

Make sense?

Do bino harnesses get in the way at all during shooting in the saddle?

Back