• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Binos

Scott F

If there is a better set of binos for the money than some Leupold Yosemite 6x30's I haven't found them.

I only hunt eastern hardwoods and only bowhunt so YMMV.
Crystal clear and the low light gathering ability is astonishing.

Love them.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Not a bad set of glass by any means for the money $130ish I believe for the 6's? Still a fairly low exit pupil of 4.60mm so I really like my Viper HD's in 8's for whitetail woods + It's nice knowing I won't have to swap or upgrade if I go out west for Elk/Muley trips and run them with a 60 spotter. The 8's carry a 5.30mm exit pupil so even more incredible low light performance. Just my two cents

I received my Yosemite's as a gift. When I first opened the box, I had reservations about the quality but was very pleasantly surprised after I spent a few minutes using them.

I had a pair of mid-range Nikon Monarchs for half a dozen years. I ended up breaking the adjustable eye pieces. I boxed them up, wrote a letter saying how impressed I was with the glasses, and asked Nikon to please repair them at my cost. They sent me a brand new pair no questions asked and no bill.

Not a bad set of glass by any means for the money $130ish I believe for the 6's? Still a fairly low exit pupil of 4.60mm so I really like my Viper HD's in 8's for whitetail woods + It's nice knowing I won't have to swap or upgrade if I go out west for Elk/Muley trips and run them with a 60 spotter. The 8's carry a 5.30mm exit pupil so even more incredible low light performance. Just my two cents
My Yosemite 6x were like $89? The Viper HD are scaring $500 aren't they?

I don't remember the price on mine but 80 something sounds right. Good glass for the price.

I wouldn't argue that for a second if your looking for glass under $100, it all depends on the need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a vortex 8x36 monocular. Good glass and I like the size.

I'm a big vortex fan. Got binos, range finder and plenty scopes. Excellent customer service and warranty. They my go to optics company.

Same here, Scope, Binos, and Rangefinder are all spectacular. And their a customer of mine so getting the Bro discount doesn't hurt either

I have two sets of Bruntons 7×42 and 8×32. Years ago there was camera shop that had a set of swarovskis 8×42 for $300.00 . I I told the guy I'd be back to get them when I went back about a month later the sales rep went to ring them up he said that would be $1,100 and I said they were $300.00 and he said they were but they were mispriced and if I would have bought them back then he would have had charged me $300. I kick myself in the butt
every day just thinking about it.

I have the 10x for the last 4 years and love them. Great out west too.

I have a pair of vortex 8x32's which is perfect for hunting woodlots with decent mix of thicker understudy, mature, and immature timber. Though anywhere I can get some distance I wish I had 10x's with some stronger magnification.

I just picked up a vortex 8x36 monocular. Good glass and I like the size

I've looked at those a number of times but never pulled the trigger. I've used the 6x Yosemite's for awhile but wouldn't mind something smaller to carry since its so thick where I hunt I don't glass all that much. Amplified hearing is a bigger help than glass I find.

I don't have a pair of Leupold's but have never seen anything with the Leupold name on it that wasn't top shelf. I do have numerous Leupold scopes. I won't waste my money on anything else....

I've looked at those a number of times but never pulled the trigger. I've used the 6x Yosemite's for awhile but wouldn't mind something smaller to carry since its so thick where I hunt I don't glass all that much. Amplified hearing is a bigger help than glass I find.

Not to get side tracked but can you give a review on what amplified hearing you use...(maybe in another thread). I've tried some cheaper options and got the cheaper option results. Just wanting some field testimony before dropping some more coinage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use Swarovski. I have two pair. 10 x 42 and 8 x 32 pocket bino's. The price for that glass is off the chart but both are worth every penny.

Back