• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Blood dog progress

swampsnyper

It's been fun watching my lil pup work. I've had labs my whole life but were used for bird dogs. I've never had a dog so eager to please as this one. He makes it easy and naturally took to tracking. Wish I would have saved some deer legs from last season but I didn't know I was going to get a pup.
Anyway here are some videos of his training. I don't know anything about training a blood dog. Read around a little to get an idea. I just try to start small and and simple, keeping it a fun game. Add length of trail and turns as I see him progress. I might get lucky and have a tracker for hunting season. For now, we are just having fun.

I take karate with a fella that runs a blood tracking service for hunters.
Big Game Blood Trackers Ontario.
jeff@biggamesearchon.com
613-847-4232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been playing hide and seek with the kids. I'll keep him inside while the kids go hide in the woods. I make them start at a certain spot so I can have a starting point. He gets them every time.

You're getting me pumped. This is a project I'll be taking on in the next few years! Can't wait to have a pup, its been a long time coming :D

Back