• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bobby Boswell and John Eberhart at the Michigan Outdoorama

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
Last weekend Bobby Boswell and I were at the Michigan Outdoorama where I did 6 seminars and Bobby and I promoted harness hunting by having a tree in my booth and showing hunters how to use the Kestrel. We weren't selling them, just promoting the concept and Bobby definitely knows the intricate details of the Kestrel, after all, he designed it and di an outstanding job.

We had a great time and we will both be at the Ohio Expo in Columbus on March 16 through 18. I will also be doing 4 seminars at the show.

Come on over and visit us and we'll even let you hang out in the tree for a while.

The guy in this photo was there with his 4 sons and a friend and Bobby spent a lot of time showing them the advantages of harness hunting. Don't know how many of you know what Bobby does for a living, but it's a very interesting job and I won't let it out. I will say this, Bobby's probably killed more deer than all the guys on saddle hunting combined and definitely more geese and ducks. Figure that one out.

Outdoorama Bobby Boswell booth picture (1).jpeg Outdoorama booth - John Eberhart - 666KB.jpg

Nice, John what’s the advantage of the T-screw over just wrapping around the tree? Is it quieter?

Works on any size tree with a moderately sized tether and it's fast. John often says "I can hunt on a wall with this method." Disadvantage is legality on public and possibly safety. We debate the latter quite a bit on here. This method really shines hunting big diameter trees with screw in steps or spurs.

Most of us are hunting smaller diameter trees and climbing with methods that require wrapping a strap or rope around the tree. So wrapping a moderate sized tether around the tree is no longer an issue. Big trees are difficult to climb with these climbing methods.

On public land land here in WI, we generally can't use screw in steps. Spurs are often not allowed as well. If I'm setting up a big tree on public, I now try to set it up for SRT.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you both for your efforts with helping everyone.

Works on any size tree with a moderately sized tether and it's fast. John often says "I can hunt on a wall with this method."

Perfectly stated and it also takes a lot of material from the unit. To me it's 100" about mobility, comfort, ease of use, and I'd like to say safety but mine has no safety features other than me being very careful when ascending and descending trees and making sure the T my lead drapes over is screwed deep into the meat of the tree (at least 3 inches and at a steep angle downward).

Back