• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow Tuning

Tracker15

I love tinkering with bows and tuning them to perfection. I recently got my Hoyt Carbon Spyder back from being Cerakoted by Melinhead Customs out of AZ. He did a fantastic job on both my bow and my buddies. I put a new FirstString on it X-it wire magnum, which is a premier no stretch string. I tuned the bow t center shot and got the left right tears out through yoke tuning. I used a draw board to make sure I had perfect cam sync as well. I'm now ready to go sight this bad boy in...can't wait. Looking forward to practicing out of a saddle.

Bow put together
a91d73d563dfed44fd56f3818bd6a587.jpg

Cam Syncing
d268ee5898f4c0a1f454a65394742307.jpg

4e2fb3920324f6194ce00afc27b6e37f.jpg

1c37ea65a8dec7397ed79aa4f0c2b01e.jpg

Fletched and Bare shaft
c3c409a6ec4c83c9f561ff449b8cc5e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff! I started the tuning process on my new bow on Saturday. Going well so far :D

Years ago it was said that bullet hole wasnt what u wanted. Of course this was with 2 cam bows. Was wondering if this has changed for 1,2 or no cam bows???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Mr Tracker 15,
Your Bow is beautiful. I also have a Carbon Spyder 30 but not as well tuned as yours. Haven't shot through paper since last year before season. But when I did I had a 3'4" high right tear and i'm a right hand shooter. If I could pick your brain a little how is your nock point set and how far from the riser was center shot. The yoke when tuning how many twists at a time do you usually start with. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Back