• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Broke down and bought an Aero Evo.

gameflogger

SH Member
Hey guys I broke down and bought me an Aero Hunter Evo. today. Anyone have suggestions on tricks, storage, etc. that I need to know? I have been hunting out of a tree saddle for years, but I wanted to try something new.

Lol, I'm only teasing! I have no idea to be honest. I've used a Trophyline tree saddle since the dawn of time and just personally haven't found reason enough to switch. These guys make a very strong case for all of these newer and Or homemade option however.

I tried something new one time. A brand new guido...one hunt and I sold it at a loss. Then I bought 2nd TL

Does TL have some kind of patent? Somebody make these things again and sell for 100 like the good ol days

Make no mistake, I will keep my TL, but if I can pack down the aero smaller than the TL it will be another weapon for the arsenal

Make no mistake, I will keep my TL, but if I can pack down the aero smaller than the TL it will be another weapon for the arsenal
you need a mesh TL. Only thing bulky on them is your ropes and caribiners

Sorry I'm not trying to knock the evo. I bet its bees knees, never had one

If I could find a mesh TL that would be an option. Everyone that has one in my size wants a left testical and right arm for it. I would like to keep the berries intact, I might settle for the right arm though

I don't think you'll be dissapointed... very comfortable. I wear mine into the woods. Its a bit noisy at first, but it quiets down after it breaks in...

I have 2 TL saddles. Haven't used them since getting my SitDrag figured out, but I'll never sell them either.

I started with a TL and moved to an aero evo a couple of years ago. Aero is much more comfortable, I found. I think you'll like it. And I often wear it while walking in to my tree, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a medium neoprene TL, but with the gear bag on It takes a full size pack to hold it and my ameristeps. I am also going to start tree climbing with my 7 year old son for recreation and I figured I will be able to use my least favorite saddle for that depending on how I like the Aero Hunter.

Ive always worn my saddles in...diaper proud.

But my neoprene is my winter saddle, I could see it getting hot on an Oct walk.

Really though a lot less noticeable bulk and weight when ya wear these things in for anything except maybe a sit-drag. Ditch the saddle bags imo.

I was thinking about getting the slumberjack pursuit for gear storage and attaching it to the new tribe for suspenders.

I was thinking about getting the slumberjack pursuit for gear storage and attaching it to the new tribe for suspenders.

personally simple is better with saddle hunting.....maybe not our climbing methods....but the actual things keeping us from plummeting to our deaths....simple

seriously though Id get the evo and try it out first. A simple backpack or fanny pack may be all ya need

that's a cool lookin backpack though, doesn't look like much to it for 90 bucks....tell em youll pay 50

Back