• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Buckle Covers for the Kestrel leg straps

kyler1945

SH Member
Alright guys,

I came up with these this morning. I can do them in fleece or neoprene. The neoprene is the ticket in my opinion, but I could make them out of any material really. The neoprene DOES NOT cause the buckles to open - even when stretched tightly. The design of the buckle is such that the neoprene is held back on either side of the button - thus just being stretched it can't go below the stationary metal. the only way it will is if you depress the button through the neoprene.

Here's a quick video of tapping metal scissors over the neoprene. It quiets the buckles down completely.

Would anyone be interested in a pair?

Here's a picture of each material.

IMG_9232.JPG
IMG_9233.JPG

Last edited:
How much for a neoprene set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking 12 bucks for 3 including shipping. I figure doing three so you have a spare or one to throw over a cam buckle.

It's the same concept as the yakgrips - except i'm using abrasion resistant neoprene.

I'll take a set. PM me your PayPal info! I could make a set but would need material so easier just to pay you haha

Alright guys,

I came up with these this morning. I can do them in fleece or neoprene. The neoprene is the ticket in my opinion, but I could make them out of any material really. The neoprene DOES NOT cause the buckles to open - even when stretched tightly. The design of the buckle is such that the neoprene is held back on either side of the button - thus just being stretched it can't go below the stationary metal. the only way it will is if you depress the button through the neoprene.

Here's a quick video of tapping metal scissors over the neoprene. It quiets the buckles down completely.

Would anyone be interested in a pair?

Here's a picture of each material.

View attachment 2590
View attachment 2591
Maybe I could cut up some old neoprene waders and get my sister to sew them up... looks good.

PM's sent.

Weight is half an ounce each (heavy duty neoprene).

IMG_9239.JPG
IMG_9237.JPG

Last edited:
Throw me your PayPal as well. I'll give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Guys, I should be able to get to what's been requested so far. I'm ordering more material now. Should be here by end of week and I'll get any I missed out then.

I really appreciate you all helping pay for the habit!

Note : I'm sending them to you inside out. They lay flatter in an envelope. Just flip em around like a sock when ya get em:

For anyone who hasn't yet paid, the new price is 15.00 for three shipped. I can't send it as a letter it has to go as a 'package' so I'm having to pay 3.50 for shipping. It's ridiculous I know.

All of you who have already paid are good I'll eat it on those.

Sorry guys!

Can't wait to get these. I think they are gonna work perfect! I did a mock "hunt" with all my gear last night and the buckles def made a little noise. With that taken care of I should be good to go!

Thanks everyone. Neoprene shipped today - I expect it Saturday or Monday. I'll knock out the balance quick and ship em.

Note - I made these pretty long (5-6"). I prefer to cover the tag end of the straps and the whole buckle to it's all seamless. If you prefer them shorter, and want to just cover the buckle, you can cut them - if you do it right. Use sharp scissors, and before you cut, put a dab of superglue on top and bottom of the seam inside of your cut. Let it dry good before you make the cut. That way, when you cut the seam, it won't unravel.

Also, I made them to fit the leg buckles on the Kestrel. They fit pretty tight on a lone wolf cam buckle, but it works. If they don't fit a different buckle you're trying them on, flip them inside out. Should get you an extra 1/4-1/2" of circumference without stressing seam too much.

I can make these different sizes and shapes too if you see something else you may want to cover.

Back