• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carbon Synergy

ramjet

Has anyone used Carbon Synergy on there cloths? I saw it being used on U-tube and wounder if it really worked. It comes as a detergent or they have a powder you mix with water and just dip your cloths in it and hang them to dry.

I use the dip. I dip my base layers and spray directly on my skin when I hunt certain areas. The silver cuts down on bacteria. Is it a game changer? No. But it's another tool in the arsenal, and an inexpensive one at that. I believe I've seen it work, but as always extenuating circumstance could have been in play. The only reason I don't use consistently is it tends to darken clothes and leaves a black residue on everything. Oh and this year I used it on my gloves during my last quick walk through of hunting areas. I knew I would sweat, so I just took some brown Jersey and dipped them. Came in handy when I had to do a few last minute touch up and didn't want my scent everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought some of the dip but haven't used it yet. Does it clean up easy off your skin? Do save the mixed up potion that you don't use?

Yeah. It wipes off pretty easy if you have to go somewhere after hunting. You'll still might feel like have a slight residue on your skin but no one will notice but you. I use vanishing hunter wipes. But you'll still wanna a good shower to get it completely off.
I mix only what I need but I always have left over mixture. So I just leave it in the tote until next time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is it a stain if it covers the whole article of clothing? Lol it basically makes it darker. I've seen videos of people dipping packs, seats, and spraying it on blinds. I just dip older warm weather clothes and mainly wear them out to my designated changing spot. Put on my scent lok and put the dipped, sweaty clothes in a oversized ziploc baggie.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have not used it but last year I started using regular activated carbon powder. I believe it works. I had a backpack that I had put a rattlesnake in after I killed it. It left a smell that I could not get rid of even after several washes. I put it in a bucket of water with some activated carbon and the smell was gone. I was a believer after that. I have been buying mine off of ebay or amazon. It is about $15 for a pound.

How do you use this? The stuff I saw was very black. Does it stain?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes it is a fine black powder. It will take a little scrubbing to get it off of your skin but it is no big deal. I like to put my baselayers and gloves in a large ziplok bag with enough carbon to coat everything when I shake it up. I keep my boots in a plastic tote and I will do the same with them. It will make a mess but I think it helps. Do a search for Dr. Jim on Youtube. He has a very detailed process that he uses.

Anyone make any homemade carbon spray with activated carbon? I tried and it clogged up my sprayer after a couple sprays. Was thinking about dipping my pack and some other clothes in an activated carbon dip. Just looking for opinions.

Anyone make any homemade carbon spray with activated carbon? I tried and it clogged up my sprayer after a couple sprays. Was thinking about dipping my pack and some other clothes in an activated carbon dip. Just looking for opinions.

Yes, I buy coconut activated charcoal powder off amazon instead of carbon synergy. Same idea but carbon syn has silver as well as carbon. Either one will clog a regular spray bottle so you have to use a pump-up garden sprayer bottle like this:
78270cff6f0db538f99ffe3bb468cbee.png

It will clog the sprayer. I gave up and went to dipping in a tote. My clothes stunk after 2 early season hunts. Pita to dip over and over and gave up last year. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will clog the sprayer. I gave up and went to dipping in a tote. My clothes stunk after 2 early season hunts. Pita to dip over and over and gave up last year. Good luck

@Aeds151 - are you saying it clogged your garden sprayer like the one I pictured? Mine has an adjustable spray pattern - sometimes I have to set it to wide open to clear a clog and then dial it back to a wide spray. So far, so good over 2 seasons....

Mine glogged in 2 minutes. The whole system never worked for me

@Aeds151 - are you saying it clogged your garden sprayer like the one I pictured? Mine has an adjustable spray pattern - sometimes I have to set it to wide open to clear a clog and then dial it back to a wide spray. So far, so good over 2 seasons....
I have coconut activated carbon as well. How much are you mixing in with the water? Are you letting them hang and air dry and then storing in air tight container?

I have coconut activated carbon as well. How much are you mixing in with the water? Are you letting them hang and air dry and then storing in air tight container?

Carbon Synergy says 4 oz per 6 gallons of water, so I basically use a little less than an ounce per gallon as a general guideline. I hang them on the clothesline inside out and then spray them and let them dry on the line. Then into a tote. Sometimes I do dip them. Depends on how much time I have to both treat and dry them.

Back