• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

cheaper than scent lok

Ontariofarmer

https://colemans.com/shop/clothing/coats/suit-2-piece-charcoal-lined-camouflage-chemical-protective/

Anyone ever try this type of carbon clothing. Cheap, Cheap and it is supposed to have more carbon. I am not sure how quiet it is Any military guys know

U.S. G.I. 2 Piece Charcoal Lined Chemical Protective Camouflage Suit
Rated 3.67 out of 5 based on 3customer ratings
(3 customer reviews)
$19.95

Size
Quantity
SKU: 010101 Categories: Camo Gear, Coats, More Hunting & Shooting, Trousers & Accessories
Share this:
Description
Chemical Protective and Scent Absorbent Suit. Outsmart your prey by wearing this charcoal-lined suit which will cover your human scent. This 2-piece suit is made to stringent U.S. Government specifications, so you know it is top quality. Labeled “Suit, Chemical Protective, 2 Piece”. Unused/Unissued. This suit is made from a water repellent, wind resistant, and tear resistant cotton/nylon blend. Great for hunting, work, or play! Bought straight from the government, our suits are priced low! Men’s sizes, but the smaller ones work well for women and children. Order one size smaller than your normal size, as these suits were designed to go over top of full filed gear. Some bags may have been opened and resealed. We are not in a position to warrant any claim as to their functionality or protection capabilities against NBC agents.

Maybe G2 could buy one and try it and let us know if it is quiet. Then we could blame G2 and Ontario and the hunting beast where I saw it.

I think I saw a video by Jim Ward that showed he uses surplus chemical suits similiar to that. He just buys a new one each year.

I’m curious (and ignorant) of the difference between the charcoal in this suit and the activated carbon use in scent lok.

Anybody have an idea?

I’m curious (and ignorant) of the difference between the charcoal in this suit and the activated carbon use in scent lok.

Anybody have an idea?
I doubt there is any difference the military must use them to prevent chemicals from reaching a soldier. We use them to keep scent in.

I was curious because of how the product was presented to us. Looks like they’re trying to market it as scent absorbing (hunting purposes) versus the traditional military approach of PPE in the case of a CBRNE attack.

For that price I’d give it a whirl though.

This is a review from the hunting beast. Not really made for hunting but I guess the military thinks carbon suits work.

have one of those military Chem suits. I wore mine for 2 or 3 weeks when we drove into Iraq from Kuwait in March 2003. At the time chemical threats were unknown so we wore the Chem suits and had gas masks on our hip.

I also hunted in that suit during 2010 and 2011 seasons. It's designed to be sealed off coupled with a gas mask. The coat has a hood but It has very few pockets the only pocket is on the left sleeve and they are in bad spots and all are loud Velcro. The bottoms only have cargo pockets. No front pockets for keys or back pockets for wallet. Doesn't fit well very loud and not insulated. 20 bucks is a get what you pay for I'm sure.

If that 2002 technology is better than what they could come up with in 2018 it doesn't hold much stock with me. I'm keeping my suit for nostalgia reasons.

In 2011 I watched buck commanders and they all had sweet looking under armor clothes, so that's what I saved up for and bought. If i had seen scent lok I'm sure if be wearing it instead. Still I'm wearing my under armor that fits awesome and is well designed for hunting. It was expensive but is tough and quiet and has held up really well for 5-6 seasons. Just my .02 about the Chem suit

Interesting for sure. The hammer suits we have at work are pretty similar to what he describes. They’re expensive; however, and are meant to be disposed of after they’re used or out of the package for more than 6 months. They’re also coveralls to limit the potential for a gap at the waist. The standards are strict because they’re meant to protect us at a hazmat incident (where a level A or B suit cannot be provided) and as little risk as possible is accepted.

I’m still thinking I might give it a whirl. Although, a better bang for the buck would be any of the scentlok stuff stuff that is on clearance right now, in my opinion.

Cheers

Interesting for sure. The hammer suits we have at work are pretty similar to what he describes. They’re expensive; however, and are meant to be disposed of after they’re used or out of the package for more than 6 months. They’re also coveralls to limit the potential for a gap at the waist. The standards are strict because they’re meant to protect us at a hazmat incident (where a level A or B suit cannot be provided) and as little risk as possible is accepted.

I’m still thinking I might give it a whirl. Although, a better bang for the buck would be any of the scentlok stuff stuff that is on clearance right now, in my opinion.

Cheers
So are these suit useless after 6 months and can they be recharged in a dryer. Soo hard to find the truth.

Those suits are only$19 and not really made for hunting.

So are these suit useless after 6 months and can they be recharged in a dryer. Soo hard to find the truth.

Those suits are only$19 and not really made for hunting.

I don’t know for certain. I personally believe that it’s fine after six months and I believe that the heat from the dryer is hot enough to remove most human particles that cause odor.

We use strict SOP’s with those suits because it’s not worth risking a responder’s life because the suit was outside of the manufacturers recommendations.

I have used one of those suits and they are right, not a lot of pockets and some velcro but I did have deer within 10 feet of me twice while hunting on the ground. They are disposable but what I didn't like was after you wear it the carbon rubs off on you and you look dirty.

Those carbon ADsorbing suits are good for taking ur hard earned cash! Same with camo! Best thing you can do is use sport wash on your clothes, wash them when dirty, take good scent free showers, sit on scent free towels when driving, etc etc. Then hunt the wind. They are going to smell you no matter what. Flannel is cheaper than camo too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used carbon suits before in a chemical environment. Not that particular suit. They are hot and because we are cheap I have used 'expired' ones and they still were effective at keeping the chemicals out. If these are similar they are heavier and much bulkier than regular camo including scentlok. You would be hard pressed to get me back into one. From what I recall they were not "rechargeable" for lack of a better term.

Back