• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Climbing, my thoughts

parkersdad

I know people are trying the Lone Wolf hand climber tops for climbing. I was wandering if you put 1 strap on tree step on a Lone Wolf strap if you could grab the step and then pull the platform up like a climber? This is what I am going to try. Has anyone else tried this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite following? You mean as a separate piece? And kind of use it as a mini pull up bar?

Yes, use the hand climber on my feet and then have a strap on step that I can slide up the tree and do a pull-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't see why that wouldn't work. Will probably be more strenuous though

You wouldn't even need the step though. Just use the tag end of he strap

I believe this is how most do it. I'm actually going to try it this weekend prepping trees.
This works well with a ropeman but I struggled when I used prusik knot. Might be a better knot to use but is very easy with the ropeman.

Recommend tethering the climbing stand to you. Hanging in the tree with no way down would look so foolish.

This works well with a ropeman but I struggled when I used prusik knot. Might be a better knot to use but is very easy with the ropeman.

Recommend tethering the climbing stand to you. Hanging in the tree with no way down would look so foolish.
I guess a simple length of Paracord will do. That would really suck

Back