• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom Sit Drag pics

swampsnyper

I jumped on the band wagon and ordered one. I thought it would be nice to have a thread just to show off your sit drag customizations and explanations why you made it the way you did. Should be a cool thread and quick reference place. I know it will help me get my ideas straight in my head.
Post away fellas!

Here's mine!
4f3f9efb69f25d0c4af51c3c9f0e295a.jpg

f370b86b8ed6df7076cc9a0872503488.jpg

3d9901805c8dbd5c816ab5b5832364e1.jpg

Sent from space

Sit drag paired with a BOD Alpine harness. Added paracord to the side loops for easier, quicker hook up. Added a snap to the back for quick connect/disconnect to the BOD. I'll be using the sit drag as linemen's belt & seat.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 549
  • image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 525
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 769
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 762
Both of those are really good. I've sorta stopped fooling around with mine since I got the Ken sling, but I'll probably try to customize it later on in the spring

Shaun

I love the pole in the garage. I have the tree in my basement, but I have to be careful not to scuff it up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cbigbear said:
Sit drag paired with a BOD Alpine harness. Added paracord to the side loops for easier, quicker hook up. Added a snap to the back for quick connect/disconnect to the BOD. I'll be using the sit drag as linemen's belt & seat.

Cbigbear, help the newbie... If you are using the sit drag for linemans belt and seat, what is the purpose of the harness?
Are you using it for safety or for comfort (i.e. do the leg straps help on longer sits)?

Did you permanently attach them or just wearing both at the same time?

I need the BOD for climbing single stick. I also couldn't use the sit drag as a linemen's belt without it connected to the harness because when unweighted it would fall.

The sit drag is attached by a plastic clip in the back & by carabiners on the side when I use it as a linemen's belt.

Cbigbear said:
I need the BOD for climbing single stick. I also couldn't use the sit drag as a linemen's belt without it connected to the harness because when unweighted it would fall.

The sit drag is attached by a plastic clip in the back & by carabiners on the side when I use it as a linemen's belt.

Got it. Thanks.

I guess for those who attach the belt to the sit drag, they wouldn't need the BOD. I thought maybe you were using it at the top when you strapped in to hunt. Was wondering if you felt you needed a back up with the sit drag...

Re: RE: Re: Custom Sit Drag pics

Maustypsu said:
Cbigbear said:

Got it. Thanks.

I guess for those who attach the belt to the sit drag, they wouldn't need the BOD. I thought maybe you were using it at the top when you strapped in to hunt. Was wondering if you felt you needed a back up with the sit drag...
I did feel the need for a backup when I used it. So I sometimes attached it to a bow hunter harness or to something to catch me in case I did fall. I like the idea that Flingin had about putting a belt (maybe the leg straps - but definitely the belt) on it. My guess is that it makes all the difference in the world.

Shaun

I would think a belt would be the biggest improvement. I have a BOD and was thinking of doing like cbigbear.

g2outdoors said:
Pics, and maybe a video, coming today from mine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Well since you said it, you have to produce a video. There are no maybe's in saddle hunting! Lol

i completely agree with Snyper!!! Let the camera roll.

g2outdoors said:
Here's my video as promised.

[youtube]PNhIOPty0do[/youtube]

Great video man!! That Amsteel bridge looks real good. Definitely on my list of stuff to do on mine!

flinginairos said:
g2outdoors said:

Great video man!! That Amsteel bridge looks real good. Definitely on my list of stuff to do on mine!
Excellent vid G2 . Very informative

Re: RE: Re: Custom Sit Drag pics

g2outdoors said:

Really good video ,man. I'm really digging the bridge, too. I definitely gotta learn to splice. Nice mods on the saddle too. I agree with you about the loops, I'm sure they're much better folded and sewed

Shaun

Back