• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

D&DH Topic Youtube videos - John Eberhart

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
Recently Deer & Deer Hunting got ahold of me to discuss 3 to 5 minute each, topic videos for public and heavily pressured hunting and they flew out a videographer and we filmed about 40 topic videos and of course at least one will be on hunting from a harness system. These will begin airing on the Deer & Deer Hunting website in May with two each airing in May and June and then one each week from July through November and beyond. I'm sure some will also be used on one of their 3 TV shows and I will sure try to get the harness video aired.

These were fun to do and I'm quite sure we will do more in the future and according to videographer that's been doing this for over 30 years in the hunting industry, most of the topics we did have never been covered before.

Please check out the teaser (below link) that will be airing at the upcoming Shot Show in the Deer & Deer Hunting booth.

Eberhart Public Land Preview FINAL.mp4

Sweet. I just discovered saddle hunting a year or so ago. Seems it's poised to go more mainstream now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to them. Friend just introduced me to saddle hunting and I’m excited to get geared up for it. Way safer than anything else in a tree!

I can always learn from John. Looking forward to it

Recently Deer & Deer Hunting got ahold of me to discuss 3 to 5 minute each, topic videos for public and heavily pressured hunting and they flew out a videographer and we filmed about 40 topic videos and of course at least one will be on hunting from a harness system. These will begin airing on the Deer & Deer Hunting website in May with two each airing in May and June and then one each week from July through November and beyond. I'm sure some will also be used on one of their 3 TV shows and I will sure try to get the harness video aired.

These were fun to do and I'm quite sure we will do more in the future and according to videographer that's been doing this for over 30 years in the hunting industry, most of the topics we did have never been covered before.

Please check out the teaser (below link) that will be airing at the upcoming Shot Show in the Deer & Deer Hunting booth.

Eberhart Public Land Preview FINAL.mp4

Very nice .. looking forforward to more .. thanks John for your wealth of knowledge. That you share with us.

It played for me.

It comes up with a choice. I clicked "follow link" and it worked.

@John Eberhart you need to change your forum to GSH - the Godfather of Saddle Hunting.

58 bucks in 54 Michigan seasons??? I've heard you say this before, but it always gets me. Very impressive.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Cool trailer John, can't wait for them to be released

thanks for spending some time with me yesterday to fill in some gaps, I can't thank you enough for a down to earth discussion
the smallest overlooked details I am sure are what make or break a successful hunt

Ed

Thanks g2 and just to clarify that's fifty eight mature bucks 2 1/2 years old or older as like everyone else I have a box full of one pointers through 8 pointers that were 1 1/2 years old in my early years and Michigan is a 2 buck state and a couple seasons you could take 4. Also have 19 P&Y bucks from my 22 out of state trips that aren't included in the 58 from Michigan.

HOWEVER, my goal has always been to share whatever I know with others with the thought that the hunters that are willing to put forth the effort, will also become more successful hunters. The way I go about promoting myself has to be done to get hunters interested in possibly listening and improving themselves. In the long haul it's not about me at all, it's about everyone else becoming better hunters so they can spend less time in the field during season, yet be more successful. This improves their lifestyle during season by not being all balled up and being less stressed out which equates to being more involved with their families. I know this for a fact because I used to intentionally get into arguments with my wife to justify going hunting so much. I haven't done that in 30 years.

I just got back from the ATA show and had a guy come up to me from Michigan that took 4 good bucks this season, 2 in Michigan and 1 each from 2 other states. It was by far his best season ever and he had just purchased a ScentLok Full season suit and accessories and took 3 of the bucks the first 4 times he wore the suit. He's going to write a couple testimonials because he was shocked at the difference because he said 2 of those bucks definitely would have winded him before. Had another guy from northeastern Michigan that took his 2 biggest bucks this season and he's been hunting for 30 years.

Something as simple as wearing a proven technology ScentLok suit and accessories as opposed to some other non technical suit make a huge difference in success for those willing to accept factual technology and actually make an effort to use it correctly. Some just can't accept reality because they're programmed by others they respect, not to.

Just look at how many hunters know about the many advantages of hunting from a harness, yet refuse to use one. I get success stories like those 2 gentleman's on a regular basis and they send them to me because in some manner they have changed the way they bow hunt due to some information I put out there. I have over a thousand of them on file and many were written on paper and mailed to me before emails.

Here's one of my favorites and it's from a hunter in Pennsylvania

John and Chris Eberhart

I have been hunting for 21 years with both bow and gun and had never before killed let alone seen a buck as big as the one I took with my bow in 2007. In the past three years I have taken 3 good bucks by Pennsylvania state land standards, and every year they just keep getting bigger, and without question I owe it all to you guys. After reading both of your books I ordered the DVDs and they aided in putting a picture to some of the areas you described in the books.

I live in Pennsylvania and primarily hunt state land in an area that literally gets absolutely hammered by hunters and as I stated, my success has been phenomenal since putting your hunting practices for pressured whitetails to work. It is amazing how something in life as simple as taking a few mature whitetail bucks can change the way your friends and family interact with you. I hate to sound cheesy but you guys have made my dreams come true and the least I could do is strongly recommend your books and DVDs to anyone who is serious about taking mature deer on public land or anyplace for that matter.

PS: My wife says I am much easier to live with now and the guys in the local sport shop treat me differently than they used to.

Thanks

Kevin Flaherty

Look forward to the podcasts John. I ding do the scent look thing but only because down here it's to hot, 90 degrees being the norm, and i would scent up a suit in woo minutes. But I do use a ton of the tactics yuiu have discussed with me over the phone and in your videos. I would not be using a saddle again had you not tills me about the low hook up. At that time all the YouTube experts were preaching high hook up. In 5 minutes you took care of the comfort and shooting issues and now I wouldn't stop using my saddle. Even when I hunt out of a traditional tree stand I still wear my saddle. So thank you John and I highly anticipate your podcasts.

I'm still mad at @John Eberhart for skipping SaddlePalooza. I mean what's more important, feeding your family and promoting your business, or shooting pigs, and BS'ing about saddle hunting with a bunch of people you've never met?

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Reactions: PJC
Hmmmmm! I must admit I don't like my family very much and could likely deal with being homeless if I didn't have a job, so I may have to rethink my spring lineup.

Hmmmmm! I must admit I don't like my family very much and could likely deal with being homeless if I didn't have a job, so I may have to rethink my spring lineup.

John would you like to come down to Texas to do some scouting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back