• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DaveT1963 on Down South Podcast

Listened to it earlier today. Really good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm listening to the podcast as I'm writing this reply and Dave Toms definitely knows what he's talking about and this podcast should be listened to. Dave hunts different types of properties with differing terrain features and definitely higher temperatures than most of us in the Midwest do, but his insights are spot on. Really liked what he said about bucks not using the same bedding spots every day as a lot of hunters on some talk forums think they do. Also totally agree with his assessment of being able to easily pattern other hunter competition in the area.

Thanks for posting this link

Also like his assessment of bump & dump being very skeptical, especially with a bow. No way on truly heavily pressured public land, can you have any remote chance of being consistent successful on mature bucks with a bump and dump plan. I flat don't believe anyone that states such.

Back