• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DaveT1963 Ultimate Platfor m

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
I have been working on this idea for a couple months finally got it tweak to where I like it. This final platform Bridges the gap and addresses the weaknesses in the other platforms I have tried. It is a little bit heavier but far more stable, more sturdy and bigger. Let me know what you guys think

https://youtu.be/M-CrBedkSDc

Part 2 showing it on the tree is uploading

Great video Dave!! I saw it an was online ordering the parts. Thank you

:arrow: thanks. BTW I said 9mm rope in the video it is actually 8 mm

I thought I remembered you saying you prefer having the platform on the top of the stick. Just curious why you went low on this one? I beam design?

swampsnyper said:
I thought I remembered you saying you prefer having the platform on the top of the stick. Just curious why you went low on this one? I beam design?

Yep

Well done Dave. The timing is perfect. My buddy did something similar with 550 paracord on the XOP beam. He went with a standard bracket on the bottom to reduce play. We are going to give it a whirl with one of my original LW seats to see if we can get it the cam lock. Our seats didn't have the ears so we used a Jim stepp knot on the bottom platform to give it more stability.

Re: RE: Re: DaveT1963 Ultimate Platfor m

swampsnyper said:
I'm still going to try hanging an aider of the whole thing and try climbing with it.

In thought he posted a working version hours after her posted the first video?

It's on my you tube channel not sure why that link won't work for you?

Great platform Dave, your always on the hunt for a better way. I was shocked to see xop selling all the individual parts, thanks for the heads up. So is the actual weight 6lbs? If you are going to rely on the rope to support the weight of the platform, than you could probably go back to regular tubing and not experience the denting. A standard lw stand stick would probably work as well and be lighter, but you might experience rope fraying.

Back