• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Decided one platform just wasn't enough....

flinginairos

Vendor Rep
Three is just so much better!
97518018658d31689c8b1dd060eef27f.jpg

Had two buddies that decided they needed platforms like mine so I built two more up using 1.5" tubing and all XOP parts. They work great! I also swapped the tubing on mine from 1" to the 1.5" and it seems there's a tad less movement in the seat when I stand out on the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you link to where you got the 1.5 square tubing? thanks.

Onlinemetals.com. Price was cheap for 36". Just cut it myself. You can get them cut to whatever you want I think.

Sorry guys I meant to say 1.25" tube lol. That's what I used. It fits the XOP hardware perfectly.

You haven't bent one yet? How much you weigh?

I weigh 235 and have basically the same set up. I was on it today testing it out and it was fine. Mine weighs 4.3 lbs with my has tree strap so I imagine with a amsteel sling it should be a little less

Im right at 220 and I've never bent one yet. And i use mine right to ten hours a day when hunting .... and I stand not sit 70%+ of the time

These things are awesome, I'm 220# and my feet needed a platform. I'm with Dave, I stand at most of the time. Makes me think I can get rid of my new tribe and go down the sit drag route.

I bent the first one i stepped on, too scared to try another one.:eek: I used a solid piece of aluminum for the post, maybe the lack of flex put all the force into the seat?

Unless, you are really big I have a hard time believing it will happen. One of my buddies is 280 and it hasn't bent yet. Maybe it takes more time at the higher weights. Anyone over 300?

Back