• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy camo climbing sticks & aiders

Very nice. Especially like the kids component!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished my DIY camo webbing aiders too. 1500 lb webbing with 6" sewed steps.

Dimensions:

Starting length - 16'
Step length - 12"
Step width - 5"
Finished length - 60" with foot in bottom step

I was able to get the top of my Muddy stick at 7'8"

The bottom aider step was 12" off the ground.

And the best part... I taught Abby how to sew webbing. I have a new gear maker in the house.
56b37cef619d712370dc97eea025a1f1.jpg
2f0153f5e67d5a206de16524d57e026e.jpg
3045400fe3b9838d51496c9d9649c0de.jpg
494fd76417b4c76bc27060899c095bd1.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Finished my DIY camo webbing aiders too. 1500 lb webbing with 6" sewed steps.

Dimensions:

Starting length - 16'
Step length - 12"
Step width - 5"
Finished length - 60" with foot in bottom step

I was able to get the top of my Muddy stick at 7'8"

The bottom aider step was 12" off the ground.

And the best part... I taught Abby how to sew webbing. I have a new gear maker in the house.
56b37cef619d712370dc97eea025a1f1.jpg
2f0153f5e67d5a206de16524d57e026e.jpg
3045400fe3b9838d51496c9d9649c0de.jpg
494fd76417b4c76bc27060899c095bd1.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Look at that, you put her in a saddle one time and she is making videos and sewing aiders with you. She looks like a future saddle hunter to me.

Those are slick!!!
What's the length from top of stick to bottom of aider?

They're super easy to make. You can do it!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I got to get me one of those thread injectors lol. So did you just knot the sections and sew the webbing in the loops to keep them open?

I have several sets of sticks for lock one that need this. Going to get my boys to help do this. Good idea sir

It doesn't really matter if the deer see it or not. What does matter is G2 feels more confident painting them and making them less visible. Confidence goes a long way towards success in my opinion. That and he involved his kiddos -win/win.

Last edited:
I have several sets of sticks for lock one that need this. Going to get my boys to help do this. Good idea sir

I'm going to do it to my permanent sticks as well. If nothing else it hides them from other hunters. The black paint sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I got to get me one of those thread injectors lol. So did you just knot the sections and sew the webbing in the loops to keep them open?
Yeah it was super easy. I followed this tutorial and used the lengths above for spacing.

DIY Sportsman had a good video as well, but I needed more rungs.

After much trial and error, 16' starting length ended up being perfect.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Also for the frost knot, I used exactly 10" overlap. This provided the perfect size top loop to fit around my stick tube.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

My off season project this will be. Im cutting down a spare set of heliums I have to reduce the overall length which should make it easier to transport. I want to make one aider to slip over the top of the stick and extend down below the bottom steps. Im probably going to have to play with the measurements on this!!!

@g2outdoors we could work something out. I have been trying to get my hands on muddys to test out but everywhere is sold out till the spring but i hate waiting on gear lol.

My spare set has 2 of the 3 sticks already modded with versa buttons. The third stick is unmodded. I think originally i did not order enough versa buttons. I do have the original hardware and nothing has been drilled the bolts for the buttons worked without drilling.

I would definitely be up for a trade if thats is cool. Btw we are talking muddy pros right? Pm me if you want a go on this!!

Back