• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

DIY Saddle Ideas

derrickdreese

First off, I'm new to saddle hunting. I came across this idea a couple of months ago and tried out my SitDrag from a platform and fell in love with the idea. I bought the SitDrag a couple of years ago at the PA Sportmans Show for hunting at my friends hunt club to hunt on the ground. My daughter occasionaly hunts with me so I don't want to alter the SitDrag I currently have. I've been tossing around the idea below to give me built in back support. I would use the bottom set of loops like the original SitDrag and then attach the top loops via prussic knots to the bridge.
2.jpg
I know my way around a thread injector so it shouldn't be too difficult to make. I plan on using some heavy camo fabric that I have laying around and using webbing from a treestand harness that I just tossed in my trunk since I already had a HSS harness. All of the dimensions would be the same as the original SitDrag. I'm also tossing around the idea of putting webbing between 2 SitDrags to be able to adjust the height of the back support.
Thanks in advance for any questions/comments/concerns about my ideas

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 54
Sounds great. You don't need much by way of back support. A small strap will work fine. This is what I'm using.

It's a stretch neoprene bino strap. Sunglasses added for size reference.
dddac1a0d121c901c18b96cf3ad9e2e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back