• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Diy treesteps

Hey guys I need some help I've made some tree steps similar to the deer me rope on steps and was trying to figure out what type of rope to put on them, what do you all think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

need pictures of these, never heard of deer me steps

Here they are
32e52a9c94d5108f074d892dd781b7f3.jpg

whatever cranford rope steps uses and ties knot wise id use the same thing. Looks like amsteel, but I could be wrong

Should probably wait for other advice on it

I personally don't know but I've heard some say that they liked them, so I thought I would make some and try them out but I've got to figure out what kind of rope to use

I personally don't know but I've heard some say that they liked them, so I thought I would make some and try them out but I've got to figure out what kind of rope to use

Amsteel or 9mm rope would probably work just fine. How did you make your own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking at cranford rope steps it looks like a whoopie sling

Steps are basically same construction as cranfords though, probably what cranford got their design from or vice versa....rope looks similar too

I had some 1/2" steel rod I just bent into shape,. I read on them the deer me rope on step, and they say a poly rope but that is all it said so not sure at this point

its an odd whoopie sling setup though, with some kind of loop spliced on the end in order for it to be fed around the tree and hitch back on itself before you tighten it with the whoopie sling. Unless one side of the cranford step has an opening to feed that spliced eye in?

Or maybe the spliced eye just goes through the opposite side of the link and over the step itself....probably what it is

If it were me Id just buy a cranford rope step for 10 bucks and copy their rope set up for your others

http://ezyclimb.shptron.com/c/tree-...b5cdc27cf9541ed73fe3c77acc3&redirected_post=1

How did this work out? I just stumbled onto the deer me steps and was curious about them. When you made them, did you copy the top loops or use a more angular bend?

Back