• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dove Smoke Tomorrow

Maustypsu

Went out to one of the properties my buddy has. Took my 2yr old bird dog.

We had a great morning. We brought home 20, and the dog got a few that were shot up or chewed up too badly.

He started poorly (young and rusty) but once he calmed down and realized this was real... retrieves were great. And after a few retrieves his mouth softened up beautifully.

By the end we were just sitting in chairs in the shade and he took over the work.

7a73c0d10f8505da31a284816e5d70a1.jpg

Looks good. I took my son for his first experience at dove hunting this morning. Had a blast and our group killed a little over 500.

Nice, too many bird lovers in Mi to have a season. Would like to try it sometime, think it would be great for introducing kids since the action can be fast paced. 500, wow!

Back