• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Dry bags

Tree-Demon

Any thoughts on using dry bags for scent controlled storage of clothes. Seems it would make for easy storage transport maybe toss in earth scent waffer or a little acorn action?

I don't know why it wouldn't work. They work great on a kayak. If you get the larger ones you could toss in some cedar branches for a natural scent if that is in your area. I just use a dedicated bag with cedar branches and it seems to work fine.

Dry bag could only be better.

I was just looking at them the other day and I think they would work great. Just keep an eye on the prices, I think I've gotten air tight storage bags for cheaper than I have seen dry bags.

Cabelas used to sell dry bags as scent proof bags. I still have a couple lying around that I used with my first scentlok clothes

I been using them. I keep my scentlok in them with one of the scentlok carbon sheet/pad things. Then I put that in a air tight tote. I'll have different scentloc clothes sets in each dry bag. Even keep boots in one with the carbon pad stuffed in each boot. Grab one out the tote and put it on the back of the atv and go to my hunting spot and get dressed.
I still get busted from time to time. Something else is lacking in my regimen but I about had all I can take with all the precautions and was just looking through all my clothes and fixing to sell it all. I do just as good playing the wind and watching my entry and exit. It's not worth the effort to me. More money for kuiu gear. With vent zips to stay cool and not sweat. And stay warm when needed and light.

Dry bag came in today but the inside smells like plastic or rubber. Hopefully I can get the smell out going to take a look at the air tight bags now. Im assuming the material will be lighter and have less of a chemical smell. Thanks everyone for there replies I appreciate it.

Just throwing this out as an alternative...I've had good luck with the Ziploc Big Bags. I don't recall if the ones I bought are 10 or 20 gallon bags. Picked up a pack (3 or 4) for under $10. They are easy to find in the laundry/storage area of places like Walmart/Target. I throw my clothes in them and then put the bags in a rubbermaid tote to prevent something from puncturing the bag.

Dry bags are heavy. Why not a plastic bag with clip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dry bags are heavy. Why not a plastic bag with clip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a sil nylon dry bag made by sea to summit, it's much lighter than the other older dry bag I have.

I plan on using these for my gear on an elk hunt this fall.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used one on my camping trip. I plan on getting more to organize all my small things on my bag for the next trip. It worked well.

I just picked up a three pack at fleet farm for $10.
fc5f38d968b6ac83709fa576748badef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back