• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Elite Tempo

bongo

SH Member
Well sitting on a boat in Cyprus and Buy now finger got itchy so I bought an Elite Tempo off AT used. Don’t know anything about them but after having a not so good experience this year with shot placement decided to get something more forgiving than my Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30. Does anyone on here shoot one or have had any experience with them. Reviews I’ve read aren’t bad but not that great either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well sitting on a boat in Cyprus and Buy now finger got itchy so I bought an Elite Tempo off AT used. Don’t know anything about them but after having a not so good experience this year with shot placement decided to get something more forgiving than my Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30. Does anyone on here shoot one or have had any experience with them. Reviews I’ve read aren’t bad but not that great either.

I have never shot the tempo but shot the Energy 35 for awhile. They are very nice bows. Elite has a solid back which you will be able to hold for a good amount of time. My recommendation would be to bring it to a Elite dealer/shop and have them do a run through on it. More or less to make sure everything is all good.

I have never shot the tempo but shot the Energy 35 for awhile. They are very nice bows. Elite has a solid back which you will be able to hold for a good amount of time. My recommendation would be to bring it to a Elite dealer/shop and have them do a run through on it. More or less to make sure everything is all good.

Thanks for the reply. But no bow dealers close other than bass pro. I’ve got to try and tune it myself. I’ve got a bench vise and press. I’ll make a draw board on the bench. My problem is new neighborhood and no where to shoot. I guess I’ll have to shoot in garage get it close then join bowclub. County has a range for the bowclub but it’s a half hour drive and 120 a year.

Thanks for the reply. But no bow dealers close other than bass pro. I’ve got to try and tune it myself. I’ve got a bench vise and press. I’ll make a draw board on the bench. My problem is new neighborhood and no where to shoot. I guess I’ll have to shoot in garage get it close then join bowclub. County has a range for the bowclub but it’s a half hour drive and 120 a year.

I would download the manual. Im not sure but that may be a draw specific bow. So cams could be an issue if the draw is not right. I shoot in my backyard as well since I don’t belong to clubs but i have shops with ranges close by. If you run into any cam issues and for some reason can’t find cams to fit let me know as i have a dealer and we can work something out. I do know elites have a transferable warranty.

I would download the manual. Im not sure but that may be a draw specific bow. So cams could be an issue if the draw is not right. I shoot in my backyard as well since I don’t belong to clubs but i have shops with ranges close by. If you run into any cam issues and for some reason can’t find cams to fit let me know as i have a dealer and we can work something out. I do know elites have a transferable warranty.

MCMD check this out. I’m on watch surfing through AT Elite forum. This guy starts a thread on Tempo Cams. So I start reading it and he dry fired his bow and bent both cams and is asking if anyone has any input. So next post is the guy that sold me the bow sayings he had a Tempo and same thing happened to him. So I replied to his post and told him he forgot to mention he dry fired and put new cams on the bow he sold me. I told him to PM me . I am so pissed.

MCMD check this out. I’m on watch surfing through AT Elite forum. This guy starts a thread on Tempo Cams. So I start reading it and he dry fired his bow and bent both cams and is asking if anyone has any input. So next post is the guy that sold me the bow sayings he had a Tempo and same thing happened to him. So I replied to his post and told him he forgot to mention he dry fired and put new cams on the bow he sold me. I told him to PM me . I am so pissed.

He dry fired it!! Limb damage is the issue i worry about first, second would be the cams. I hate to tell you but try to get your money back. If you don’t mind me asking what you paid for it?

He dry fired it!! Limb damage is the issue i worry about first, second would be the cams. I hate to tell you but try to get your money back. If you don’t mind me asking what you paid for it?

600 for bow Elite qad rest Elite Stabilizer 7.25 and limb saver quiver. I’ve got a Tommy Hog single pin for it. I sent him an email already I want money back plus shipping to him. It was paypal I’ve got 6 months to dispute the transaction.

I think it has new cams as he told the other guy new cams installed at shop was 150.

So i started researching this tempo!! Its a modular can system so definitely cam specific. Two if you go on the elite website there are dealers in Florida which is where your from right?? If you still cannot find a dealer and beed limbs and cams i can help you out and use my dealer. I can get a price for you and if you want a go on it ill pm you contact info and he can just have it shipped to you!! He is pretty fair so let me know how this works out for you

I think it has new cams as he told the other guy new cams installed at shop was 150.

I would get your money back if you can!! Personally he misled you from the get go!! The tempo is still a new model for elite so for the price does not make sense hands down resale price should be higher. Especially since he supposedly had to invest in new cams!! I have bought alot of stuff through forums and have been cheated a few times. When i sell its legit, because i have had those experiences and i want those buying something from me to get great use out of it. Keep me updated and let me know if you need anything!!

I would get your money back if you can!! Personally he misled you from the get go!! The tempo is still a new model for elite so for the price does not make sense hands down resale price should be higher. Especially since he supposedly had to invest in new cams!! I have bought alot of stuff through forums and have been cheated a few times. When i sell its legit, because i have had those experiences and i want those buying something from me to get great use out of it. Keep me updated and let me know if you need anything!!

MCMD thanks a lot for your concern but don’t think I’ll keep that bow. But I will keep you updated.

No worries man!!

Plot thickens. Turns out dry fired day he brought it home his first bow. It has new limbs cams string so he says. Im trying to get my money back but if I get stuck with it don’t think it will blow up in my face.

Plot thickens. Turns out dry fired day he brought it home his first bow. It has new limbs cams string so he says. Im trying to get my money back but if I get stuck with it don’t think it will blow up in my face.

The guy is stand up guy money in paypal account. Now shopping for bow.

Well he is an elite and prime dealer. I have been buying and hanging out at this shop for 7 years and is my home base. The tempo is a good quality bow. I actually just called him to explain your situation and he shooked his head in a manner of speaking. He takes pride in selling quality and was like if you need anything to let him know and he could work something out.

Just because we're talking elite, I bought a impulse 31 last spring. I bought new modules on ebay and popped them in on my press, it was easy. I want to go 1/2" shorter so I just bought another set on ebay again.

Back