• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Elk and bear hunting

Scoutman

My buddies and I use saddles to hunt elk and bears in Colorado . We hunt water and travel corridors alot. We run and gun on the ground also if elk want to play. We have taken 6 Bulls, 6 cows, 1 bear and 1 mulie since 05. Don't want to mention misses and brain farts, lol.

I took my saddle to Idaho this year, but the weather didn't help. It rained almost every day and the water holes were ignored. I still think it's a great idea, but I think it was the wrong year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I originally bought my first saddle - a treesuit - years ago. I didn't know anyone else who used one. But I thought it would be great for run and gun bear hunting in PA. Still haven't bear hunted since I started saddle hunting tho...

I originally bought my first saddle - a treesuit - years ago. I didn't know anyone else who used one. But I thought it would be great for run and gun bear hunting in PA. Still haven't bear hunted since I started saddle hunting tho...
There's just not enough time to do it all!!

I killed my Arkansas bear out of a saddle and I have found a few water holes out here and UT that will have a saddle near them next year!

Thanks,
Boswell

Good luck, saddles work great out west. only issue is weight, I may try a modified sit drag this year if I can get one made in time. My ambush saddle doesn't weigh alot, I swapped out tether and linemans belt for rope, years ago. But hiking 6 to10 miles a day round trip makes every ounce count.

Good luck, saddles work great out west. only issue is weight, I may try a modified sit drag this year if I can get one made in time. My ambush saddle doesn't weigh alot, I swapped out tether and linemans belt for rope, years ago. But hiking 6 to10 miles a day round trip makes every ounce count.

What's your timeline?

I have until August but this move to Texas is not going smoothly at all. House delays, work delays,etc. it will all be a memory soon I hope

I have until August but this move to Texas is not going smoothly at all. House delays, work delays,etc. it will all be a memory soon I hope

Oh, you have plenty of time. I can mod one up for you some time when you get settled. Take a look at what I did for MCDM and BOMO in the DIY section. Steal any ideas from other's mods too. Then you can tell me what you want.

Wow that's awesome, I'll let you know when my world stops spinning!

Also, I'm sure you'll get a chance to try mine out at some point. If you're ever headed out and I can't make it, you are welcome to borrow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back