• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

End of the season

Bowhunter41002

I packed all my hunting stuff in Totes today. Kind of an emotional day. But it was a successful season and I learned so much from everyone on here. Can't wait til opening day for the next season.

I know the feeling. But now starts my second favorite season. Planning. It's when I try to figure out all the things I did wrong and how to fix them. Look at any equipment failures and replace them and figure out how to prevent similar failures next year. Lots of scouting, and practice shooting. And lots of time to tinker.

Sometimes I think I enjoy getting ready for hunting season more than the season itself. Once seasons open, it's go time and every free minute is spent in a tree or hiking a ridge. It gets colder every day and starts to turn into work. And by the time January gets here I'm tired.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah packing up is always a sad day but the path is brighter like Ernie stated. Prep for next season is gonna keep me busy as every year i find new areas to set and new gear which all formulates into a battle plan for next year.

I still have a little bit of hunting season left, but my favorite season has already started... scouting season! I love scouting as much as hunting, and I can do it 365 days a year :D. I've already found a half dozen new spots that have my heart pumping in anticipation of next year!

Back