• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EricS

ImThere

How did the Ruger American shoot? I been looking at the 22 mags been really looking at the CZ 512.

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

How did the Ruger American shoot? I been looking at the 22 mags been really looking at the CZ 512.

Sent from my
At 20' up

My FIL won one of these chambered in .308 from local wild game dinner. Shoots really nice. A bit of kick and some muzzle jump from synthetic stock, but trigger broke nice and clean. Three of us shot it and all were stacking shots out to 100 yards.

Cheapo brand scope my FIL put on it too so cheap I can't even remember the brand, but knowing him he probably spent all of $50 on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My FIL won one of these chambered in .308 from local wild game dinner. Shoots really nice. A bit of kick and some muzzle jump from synthetic stock, but trigger broke nice and clean. Three of us shot it and all were stacking shots out to 100 yards.

Cheapo brand scope my FIL put on it too so cheap I can't even remember the brand, but knowing him he probably spent all of $50 on it.

I was curious how his 22 mag shot

I have 2 Ruger Americans 308 and 22-250

The 308 will cloverleaf with factory ammo all day long. I have killed deer out to 500 yds with it. I haven't shot the 22-250 much more than sighting it in at 50 yds.

Sent from my
At 20' up

They just introduced rifle cartridges last year iSE Michigan where I mainly hunt. Otherwise we'd have to drive 2+ hours north above the rifle line to use anything larger than a .35

So I have kinda narrowed my 22 mag search down to 3 rifles.
Ruger American, compact rifle, bolt action, from every indication very accurate rifle. $300
Savage A22 semi auto, longer barreled, accurate, it did have problems cycling some light grain blunt nose hollow points overall nice weapon $400
CZ512 semi auto beats the A22 in every category except has a wood stock. they do have a short barreled synthetic looks more ar15 style, not really my style but it maybe the front runner $500

Opinions??

Sent from my
At 20' up

I just bought a Savage b-mag 17wsm. Whoohoo sometimes good deals show up.
Still going to get a 22 mag

Sent from my
At 20' up

Last edited:
1639e3003661ba536f40c71421857740.jpg

It's growing on me!!

Sent from my
At 20' up

Back