• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finished SitDrag

BackCoverBowHunter

Thanks G2! You had some great ideas and I am so stoked now that I have this finished. I have not posted on here before but I follow what everyone does. I have a couple of homemade saddles and it is such a great tool in the woods. Made a Dump/carry bag for this so if I am walking in far I can just keep it out of my way, then utilize the dump pouch during my hunt. I added the small buckle clamps to keep the saddle in place while sitting or standing for a shot. The loops I added at the top are great for my big belt that is on the bag, I just slide the saddle on the belt as well and ready to go. when I walk the added loops and bigger belt keep it up above my butt, when I sit it is able to slide down and sit on my body perfectly for max comfort. I will be pushing the envelope in the late season here in PA. I connected with a doe in October and looking to fill my buck and one more doe tag before the season ends. I will be using the sitdrag for the majority of my hunts. Thanks All & Good Luck!

Did you build molle loops into your tether to hang gear from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those loops actually act as a daisy chain. So my tether can fit to any tree. I will do a demo this weekend on it. The cool thing about my tether is it is designed to act like a saftey harness strap. The loops are redundant and if one breaks it is stopped or slowed down by the next loop. I have been hanging off these straps for about 10 years now. I don't need to use a ropeman because I can just attach to any of the loops.

Heck during rifle season I use it as my gun sling also. I usually have 2 of these straps on me at all times in the woods. I drag deer out with them as well.

Thanks for asking about it!

Those loops actually act as a daisy chain. So my tether can fit to any tree. I will do a demo this weekend on it. The cool thing about my tether is it is designed to act like a saftey harness strap. The loops are redundant and if one breaks it is stopped or slowed down by the next loop. I have been hanging off these straps for about 10 years now. I don't need to use a ropeman because I can just attach to any of the loops.

Heck during rifle season I use it as my gun sling also. I usually have 2 of these straps on me at all times in the woods. I drag deer out with them as well.

Thanks for asking about it!
I'm interested in seeing your demo too. Thanks!

Sorry for taking so long. Been a busy late season hunting and was finally able to get out and scout today. Took a couple photos of my tether in 2 different sized trees & hook up locations.
Hope this is not confusing. I am sitting in my sitdrag (at ground level). Looking at my bridge carribeaner attached to the tether loops.

Back