• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Finishing up and getting ready.

100rollie

Took a few days off to swap out sd cards and refresh a licking branch, and make sure all shooting lanes are ok....
Went a couple states north back in early April, scouted a few areas that looked good on computer. Set up two spots on some good looking funnels. One was in a break of an old (probably a hundred or more year old) stone wall about 15 yards above the mouth of where a creek starts. Nice transition area of three different types of woods. It is probably a half mile or so above several farms down in the valley with a lot of crop fields along a river. Trail cam had 240 pics "all daytime" Only three separate bucks but lots of does. Less than 100 yards from some nice doe bedding. Most pics are from 7am to 11am. Great entrance to stand in the morning for me from the north slightly above elevation. Wind is usually west southwest here, and thermals should be great in the morning.
Next time back here will be 1st week of November for three day weekend...........

As of now, I'm liking my altered Anderson sling with the Assassin platform. On this private piece I did place 4 screw - ins also around the tree.

Today I set up my second spot, about 10 miles away on public. There I will use the assassin with the strapworks strap and 4 ameristeps. This spot is nice, several years of rublines coming off a 1/2 acre bedding area on top of a ridge. Had a buck run down through here last time i was here............Was in there when snow was still on the ground a few months ago scouting, and cut a huge set of tracks going up to the round top. Followed them to a fresh bed with a few other older beds. This was about noonish, there was a fresh set of running tracks leaving the bed. I set in the bed and could see how this deer could have watched me for over a hundred yards before I made the turn up the hill. There was huge droppings and hair in and around this bed. with a couple rubs near by.I followed his running tracks north about 75 yards where he dropped off into some thick pines, as I walked around just over the crest of the top there were several years worth of rub lines coming off that top, so today I went back, chose two different trees about 30 yards apart. The west wind is predominate here which is not very good for this situation, so I am hoping to get away with one tree if it is coming out of s.w. and the other tree if it is n.w. we will see. Entrance will be great for late morning or early afternoon and hope to have a productive evening hunt. I will really focus on the wind and any thermals here.
Last three years was mostly the leather tree saddle, and a mix of treesuit and saddle, and hang ons. before that. I am not sure about extended sits with the Anderson yet.I am incorporating a climbing harness too. I will probabaly jump on the new one from new tribe next week. If that one is as good as Bosewell is saying I will sell all saddles, all treesuits, all sit drags,and all Andersons that I have stockpiled. I really would like to streamline a bit.You know the feeling g2. You have not been the best influence you know.............;)

As of now, I'm liking my altered Anderson sling with the Assassin platform. On this private piece I did place 4 screw - ins also around the tree.

Today I set up my second spot, about 10 miles away on public. There I will use the assassin with the strapworks strap and 4 ameristeps. This spot is nice, several years of rublines coming off a 1/2 acre bedding area on top of a ridge. Had a buck run down through here last time i was here............Was in there when snow was still on the ground a few months ago scouting, and cut a huge set of tracks going up to the round top. Followed them to a fresh bed with a few other older beds. This was about noonish, there was a fresh set of running tracks leaving the bed. I set in the bed and could see how this deer could have watched me for over a hundred yards before I made the turn up the hill. There was huge droppings and hair in and around this bed. with a couple rubs near by.I followed his running tracks north about 75 yards where he dropped off into some thick pines, as I walked around just over the crest of the top there were several years worth of rub lines coming off that top, so today I went back, chose two different trees about 30 yards apart. The west wind is predominate here which is not very good for this situation, so I am hoping to get away with one tree if it is coming out of s.w. and the other tree if it is n.w. we will see. Entrance will be great for late morning or early afternoon and hope to have a productive evening hunt. I will really focus on the wind and any thermals here.
Last three years was mostly the leather tree saddle, and a mix of treesuit and saddle, and hang ons. before that. I am not sure about extended sits with the Anderson yet.I am incorporating a climbing harness too. I will probabaly jump on the new one from new tribe next week. If that one is as good as Bosewell is saying I will sell all saddles, all treesuits, all sit drags,and all Andersons that I have stockpiled. I really would like to streamline a bit.You know the feeling g2. You have not been the best influence you know.............;)
If you do decide to sell the leather saddle please remember me.

I hear you.

I don't think I'll ever sell a saddle. I'm going to pick up the new NT saddle for my kids. I think I'll probably stick with my SitDrag. I just love it too much.

huck72412
I will be selling the saddle, it is a RealTree Roadtrips Leather Large. Seems as though Bosewell lured me in. Let me know if your interested, I won't advertise it till I hear from you. I understand value just went down "thanks Newtribe" but that's ok, now they will be more inline with what they should be.

Back