• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First bow hunt with son,First deer with saddle

Cain

IMG_0469.JPG Hey guys, I'm new here and new to saddle hunting. I just wanted to share with yaw a special hunt I had with my 9 year old son a few days ago. So he has a riffle and has taken 4 deer with it so far, but he sees my passion for bow hunting and wants to part of that as well. So on Nov. 26 I get his climber and me my modified sit drag and we head to the woods. I new that the chances of getting a small, very hyper child with in bow range of a deer was going to be a challenge, but we were ready for the challenge. Using the sit drag allowed me to sit right beside him in the tree. It worked perfect for teaching a child how to bow hunt, because I could talk to him and he could see every move I made. Anyway I handed him my cell phone and told him to film me if we were to see a deer. That made him excited. I think because it made him part of the process and not just a spectator. Well about 4:30 I spot a 4 point in the food plot. I told Colton that I wasn't going to shoot it, because we would like for it to be at least a 6 point and he was fine with that, but I got to thinking that this opportunity my not come along often, so without telling him I decided to shoot. He was fired up after the shot. I made a good shot on the deer and ran about 60 yds before expiring. I've been waiting on a trophy deer kill with my compound bow, so I could retire it and start full time with traditional gear. Well that 4 point was my trophy. I can't imagine another hunt topping that one.
Can't get the video to upload right now. Sorry. I will try it later.

Congrats! Best way to do videos is through YouTube

Ok I think I've got this video thing figured out now. The video is a little shacky, but keep in mind it was from my 9 year old.

There is nothing like sharing those experiences with your children. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Something he will never forget , well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s an awesome memory- I am loving the idea of saddle hunting next to my boys as they get old enough to get in a tree to hunt themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get my kids out again this fall. Always great memories.

My Colton will be 10 in October. 10-23, according to our obsolete 10 codes he’s on scene.

Yea. My Colton is turning 10 this year in November. He just got a new bow and a climber. He is a pretty good shot too. I’m going to try my hardest to get him in range of a deer this year. Should be interesting. Lol . Can’t wait.

Nicely done.

I remember hunting one time with my boys in a ground blind. We deer all around us and youngest was about 8 yrs of age. He blurts out I can’t see the deer. He got to the white flags. LOL

Back