• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First deer with the compound

withakri

Shot a button buck last week which was my first with my bow (and my first with ernie's platform).

I've shot some nice deer with the muzzleloader and my xbow out of a saddle but this felt like way more of an accomplishment. New goal is to get one with the saddle and my longbow. I really love the platform as it has made the whole setup a lot more comfortable for me. download_20171110_150657 (1).jpg

Congrats. There's nothing like it.

One day I'll venture into a recurve or long bow but for now compound is my preferred method of take.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I shot that deer at about 20 yards. There was a doe with him that I drew on but just never had a clear shot on. Finally I let down to get a break for a minute until I drew again on the button buck. Made me wonder if having a longbow would be a little easier in terms of just drawing and shooting quick once I had a clear lane. Still figuring out when to draw etc. with the compound. Felt like my heart was gonna explode out of my chest:).

Felt like my heart was gonna explode out of my chest:).

That’s what it’s all about! Multiply that by 100 when you lift up a stick and there are no sights! My 1st thought was like what the heck am I doing! It was like pulling out a plastic knife in a gun fight!

Back