• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First saddle buck

Mtnbowhunter

Well this is my second deer out a saddle and first buck out of a saddle. Got in the tree plenty early this morning. Almost didn't go because of the 30-40 mph southerly gusts, but I decided what the heck might as well. Hunted a saddle down a long leading ridge from the top of the mountain with fair buck sign but there's generally always sign in this area. About 8:10 I hit the horns and at 8:15 he came trotting around the ridge, how he even heard it I'll never know. Hunted all day yesterday and saw a small 8 and while I was tracking this guy a small 6 or 8 ran right up to me. Was using the aero hunter evo. Those high winds are the norm for around here anytime weather comes from the south our area along the mountains will get high southern winds it hits 70mph regularly.
c45ecc4a1acb573a52c1158f086bfcba.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Nice buck....The winds are fierce here today where are you hunting at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Nice buck....The winds are fierce here today where are you hunting at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The south Greene area of Greene county TN. Where I'm hunting I'm less than 1mile from NC State line.

Thanks guys. I'm heading back in the morning hopefully have some more pics to post tomorrow, got my fingers crossed anyway.

Back