• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First sit drag customization and hunt

Jeff25

So I got my first sit drag and did the mods I felt necessary. First I added 3 rows of Mille along the back and added 3 pouches to carry gear and eliminate a backpack unless I haul in camera gear. I made my bridge from 1” webbing as wel, and lastly added side straps and buckles to wear the sit drag like a waist belt.

Overall my first hunt with it went well, but since I packed in my 5.11 pack with camera gear I didn’t really cut much weight vs my xop. I only sat for about 3.5-4 hours, and the only uncomfortable part was my feet and knees. I don’t have a platform yet so I had to stand on my top muddy stick so my feet started to get uncomfortable so I sat most of the time with my knees against the tree so my knees started to get sore.

For those of you with platforms do you still sit with your knees against the tree? And do you use knee pads if so?

Attachments

• E0CEC23E-4893-4F67-B7DC-C71B4F424FCA.png
    E0CEC23E-4893-4F67-B7DC-C71B4F424FCA.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 237
  • 9696A2D3-9154-4413-A6C9-8C179E00C814.png
    9696A2D3-9154-4413-A6C9-8C179E00C814.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 212
I never hunt without knee pads no matter what platform I'm using.

Sitdrag looks great. Keep at it!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

a136ea1c4c893e7ad463a7ed26014096.jpg

I slip a chunk of this anti fatigue mat on the end of my rappel line and tie it around the tree. Good enough for this guy.

I never hunt without knee pads no matter what platform I'm using.

Sitdrag looks great. Keep at it!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Step up to the pulpit and never kneed pads again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you with platforms do you still sit with your knees against the tree? And do you use knee pads if so?

Even with a platform, you switch positions to relieve pressure or just to get a different view of the squirrels

Stuff like Wirrex posted is really all you need though. I don't carry knee pads anymore but usually I pack in a pull over fleece. Ill tie that around the tree until I need it and its night and day difference for the knees

Even with a platform, you switch positions to relieve pressure or just to get a different view of the squirrels

Stuff like Wirrex posted is really all you need though. I don't carry knee pads anymore but usually I pack in a pull over fleece. Ill tie that around the tree until I need it and its night and day difference for the knees

Do you just use an RC harness in conjunction with the preacher’s seat?

Back