• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

FNG from West KY

Squirrels

I originally joined to sell some Jim Stepp ladder steps. I am a lock on hunter for whitetails, saw a thread about modifying some helium sticks and now I am starting to be intrigued by the idea of trying a saddle. You fellas got it going on here!!

I originally joined to sell some Jim Stepp ladder steps. I am a lock on hunter for whitetails, saw a thread about modifying some helium sticks and now I am starting to be intrigued by the idea of trying a saddle. You fellas got it going on here!!

Keep looking around and you will have trouble NOT trying some of the ideas around here. I spent the last year learning about saddles...and this is my first year saddle hunting. I've had 3 hunts from the saddle so far. They haven't exactly been smooth yet...but I already question my ability to ever go back to a lock on.

Welcome to the site! Enjoy the information overload!! :grinning:

Keep looking around and you will have trouble NOT trying some of the ideas around here. I spent the last year learning about saddles...and this is my first year saddle hunting. I've had 3 hunts from the saddle so far. They haven't exactly been smooth yet...but I already question my ability to ever go back to a lock on.

Welcome to the site! Enjoy the information overload!! :grinning:

Thanks, I love to DIY. Went on my first DIY archery elk hunt this year (first elk hunting period). I've never sewn before but immediately started up the thread injector and made a tent and sleeping bag, bag for my pack frame and all sorts of accessories. I firmly believe that manufactured goods need modification right out of the package, HAHA!

Run while you can! In 6 months you will sell all of your lock on stands and be 100% converted! The only lock on stands I have are for the wife. After seeing me move around, she told me she wants to try it out after this season and start practicing.

Run while you can! In 6 months you will sell all of your lock on stands and be 100% converted! The only lock on stands I have are for the wife. After seeing me move around, she told me she wants to try it out after this season and start practicing.
That's awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Welcome to the site, great information here.

Welcome. This is a great site. Some of this stuff even crosses over to regular stands also. Like a ropeman on a linesmans belt. It’s a rope going around a tree no matter what kind of stand you use. After seeing the ropeman on this site I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen it on any other site. Almost standard practice around here.

I’ve got a rope man as well. Didn’t take long for me to get drawn in. I’ve already bought a saddle to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back