• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

FNG in WNC!

wannabe

Hey Guys!

Been lurking here for a few weeks after having my interest peeked on ultralight hunting!

The area I live in has good deer however the terrain is pretty prohibitive to carrying a climber very far and im plain ole not setting up ladder stands on public land to get stolen and give away my locations to other hunters that don't do their homework.

Im on a club lease in SC.. its hot as all get out down there and i prefer a long walk to my hunting spots so the ultralight ideas are very appealing to me!

I'm a welder fabricator type so maybe we can collaborate on some ideas and designs soon..

Anyway... so i got interested and picked up a sit drag and some knockoff Jim Stepps off ebay and been playing around with them.. I wanted to play with the sit drag before spending big bucks on an aero evo.. so far so good.

Is there anyone in my area that could share some knowledge? I'm not far from Asheville NC... just a lot closer to TN along i-40..

thanks ya'll!

Trey

I'm in Savannah and I'm addicted to SitDrags. If I can help any way, let me know.

Thanks!

so on the sit drag... I can see there is a lot more adjustability in the aero evo and seems a bit harder to fall out of... what's your opinion on the safety difference between the two setups?

Thanks!

so on the sit drag... I can see there is a lot more adjustability in the aero evo and seems a bit harder to fall out of... what's your opinion on the safety difference between the two setups?

The SitDrag is designed to be used on the ground. Anything else is outside of the manufacturers intention and not recommended.

There are several of us on the forum that have made the personal choice to use the SD above ground. From a safety perspective, there's no question the NT is engineered and designed to be the safest saddle on the market.

So i got an evolution! it came in today.. sat in it a little bit. there's no blakes hitch on the rope bridge. Is it supposed to be there or do i need to add it? I don't think I like the bridge being so long.

So i got an evolution! it came in today.. sat in it a little bit. there's no blakes hitch on the rope bridge. Is it supposed to be there or do i need to add it? I don't think I like the bridge being so long.
New, used? Pictures would help. You can always shorten up the bridge by tying a stopper knot in it.

brand new evo.... question is- is it supposed to be there or not!
I would call New Tribe and ask them directly. Mine is a few years old and came with it, but they have changed that since. Something like that probably wouldn't get through their QC if it wasn't how they intended it so I'd reach out to them to clarify.

I sent an email yesterday when I realized it was different than advertised.. They're in Oregon correct? 3 hour time difference from here so if I don't hear back later in the day, I'll give them a call.

I put in a call to NT and learned the blakes hitch was left off somehow. being in the manufacturing industry, Im not surprised some errors happen from time to time.

They are shipping me rope and instructions to tie and attach the blakes hitch free of charge.

The Evo is a great saddle. Love mine.

As Red said, you can certainly make it a fixed bridge at least to practice in while waiting for the blakes hitch to arrive. 24" bridge is common, it seems. That's what mine is set to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back