• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Forum Name!!!

huck72412

Vendor Rep
SH Member
For you that are interested, share the origin and or meaning of your forum user name. I think about these weird things for some reason but not sure why.

huck72412- Huck is the nickname of my youngest son. He is is a lot like his dad, hopelessly in love with the outdoors and Huckleberry Finn was the inspiration. And my boy was born on 7/24/12.

Grew up in the swamps of south Louisiana. I was just discovering the Internet and hunting forums. I was commercial crawfishing and crabbing and big into duck hunting but just getting started into bow hunting. I wanted a generic name to cover everything I do. Wanted a unique spelling so I could have it on every forum. I think it was rocket broadheads had a model with snyper spelled with a "y" so swampsnyper was born. Must be over 10 years now.

I'm There. Comes from my youth anytime anybody wanted to go off on some adventure I would be first to say I'm There

the one and only "ImThere"

G2 - my first and last name both start with a "G".
OUTDOORS - That's where I always want to be.
Boring.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Well years ago I met a girl who said her name was Ami with an "I". Being the quick whitted smart ass I said well Im Kenn with 2 "n's". Some buddy's heard it, laughed and it kinda stuck. The 1320 is the length of a 1/4 mile drag strip in feet. Ive used the same screen name on every forum.

Last name and the year I was born. Probably should have been more generic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually has Essdub for figured out. I thought G2 had something to do with the g2 tine on a deer( considering that mammoth on his profile picture). Kenn seemed self explanatory with the exception being the 1/4 mile part, never in a zillion years would I have figured that. Swampsnyper is quite fitting and wow what a place to grow up. I'm sure that was pure awesome spending all your time in the bayou. And lastly Prill had me thinking because I have never heard that name before. Interesting stuff. Aren't we all a bit weird??

Re: RE: Re: Forum Name!!!

huck72412 said:
I actually has Essdub for figured out. I thought G2 had something to do with the g2 tine on a deer( considering that mammoth on his profile picture). Kenn seemed self explanatory with the exception being the 1/4 mile part, never in a zillion years would I have figured that. Swampsnyper is quite fitting and wow what a place to grow up. I'm sure that was pure awesome spending all your time in the bayou. And lastly Prill had me thinking because I have never heard that name before. Interesting stuff. Aren't we all a bit weird??
The G2/tine connection is true. I forgot to put that in there. It was more of an accident though.

And " Im There" , I've said it a thousand times but it never stuck on me. Funny how we get these names.

In 1999 I purchased my first property with my cousin (our first property). We were both unmarried in our very early 20s. We were also both hardcore bass fisherman and decided to create a partnership called BassBoysLLP to protect our investment and establish T&Cs. The partnership served it's purpose until it's inevitable dissolution. It is my scarlet letter. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears that I still hold close to my heart. It is a unique handle. And mine across the WWW.

Re: RE: Re: Forum Name!!!

g2outdoors said:
huck72412 said:
The G2/tine connection is true. I forgot to put that in there. It was more of an accident though.
I thought it had to be. I was certain of it :D Doesn't G2 Outdoors sound like a solid hunting show on the outdoor channel???

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Forum Name!!!

huck72412 said:
g2outdoors said:
huck72412 said:
I thought it had to be. I was certain of it :D Doesn't G2 Outdoors sound like a solid hunting show on the outdoor channel???
Sure does. I also thought it was a tine reference.

Shaun

When G2 outdoors is featured on the outdoor channel you are all invited to be my guest hunters for an episode [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Lol I wasn't as creative, but I only know of two other Ernie Powers one is my dad and the other my son. I've never found a site where the username Erniepower was already taken.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Erniepower said:
Lol I wasn't as creative, but I only know of two other Ernie Powers one is my dad and the other my son. I've never found a site where the username Erniepower was already taken.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
:lol: that's pretty funny! I must admit I have never met another EP!!

Well mine's pretty easy :lol: I like to shoot a lot and Flingin' Arrows just seemed like a good forum name. I use it pretty much everywhere and have a youtube channel under that as well. No cool story sadly :lol:

Back