• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Fourth Arrow Camera Arm Review

bowhunter15

Vendor Rep
[youtube]2UIVmvLi_zo[/youtube]

Figured I'd post this in the Video forum rather than the Product Review forum. I even made sure to throw a little saddle set-up clip in for good measure :D I think it'll work just fine for saddle hunting, and I will be able to hang the pack from the arm as well, so it's out of the way but still easily accessible. The combination of weight, carbon fiber (which is also quieter and warmer to the touch than aluminum), packed size, and shoulder leveling are all fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Great video and review!! Did you ever get any info on the knob on the front of the leveling socket? Mine doesn't have that and isn't threaded. Also, any problems with paint chipping off that part? A good bit of mine has chipped off without even really using it yet. It's not a big deal to me because everything else about the arm is awesome :lol:

flinginairos said:
Great video and review!! Did you ever get any info on the knob on the front of the leveling socket? Mine doesn't have that and isn't threaded. Also, any problems with paint chipping off that part? A good bit of mine has chipped off without even really using it yet. It's not a big deal to me because everything else about the arm is awesome :lol:

The knob on the front of the shoulder can be used to tighten down on the socket for the arm, which tightens up the swinging on the first arm segment. You have to really tighten it down to lock it in place. I'd probably send them a message and ask, but to be honest, I don't think not having one is a huge deal since the arm stays level throughout the panning moves. The only time I think the arms swinging too loosely would be an issue is if it allows the arm to drift, which would only happen if it wasn't level. I haven't had any paint chip off.

Re: RE: Re: Fourth Arrow Camera Arm Review

bowhunter15 said:
flinginairos said:
Great video and review!! Did you ever get any info on the knob on the front of the leveling socket? Mine doesn't have that and isn't threaded. Also, any problems with paint chipping off that part? A good bit of mine has chipped off without even really using it yet. It's not a big deal to me because everything else about the arm is awesome

The knob on the front of the shoulder can be used to tighten down on the socket for the arm, which tightens up the swinging on the first arm segment. You have to really tighten it down to lock it in place. I'd probably send them a message and ask, but to be honest, I don't think not having one is a huge deal since the arm stays level throughout the panning moves. The only time I think the arms swinging too loosely would be an issue is if it allows the arm to drift, which would only happen if it wasn't level. I haven't had any paint chip off.
So there are different versions of the arm floating around?

BassBoysLLP said:
bowhunter15 said:
flinginairos said:
Great video and review!! Did you ever get any info on the knob on the front of the leveling socket? Mine doesn't have that and isn't threaded. Also, any problems with paint chipping off that part? A good bit of mine has chipped off without even really using it yet. It's not a big deal to me because everything else about the arm is awesome

So there are different versions of the arm floating around?

Good question haha. His is def different than mine. I will send FA a message and ask about it

Just talked to them and apparently I got one of the first ones made before they added that tension screw on the front. I also mentioned the paint on mine and they said send mine in and a new one will be on its way. Can't beat that kind of service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's as if Lou and the Fourth Arrow team were on the phone when designing the carbon arm. A single Stealth Strip cut in half fits PERFECTLY on the carbon arm segments. No wasted material and no gaps.

530f712b66dadbaffc3590ba14d12a9f.jpg

6afa31dac0510046e024c16f197c74e0.jpg

2910c00baa3817ae5d792ffe48128cea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting Garrett! I was just about to ask about stealth strips. How did the base go?

flinginairos said:
Just talked to them and apparently I got one of the first ones made before they added that tension screw on the front. I also mentioned the paint on mine and they said send mine in and a new one will be on its way. Can't beat that kind of service!

Heck yeah!

That looks great man. Side question, now that you've finally moved to a fluid head from the pistol grip, do you plan to pick a remote? It makes self filming so so so much easier. :)

Thats sweet man!! Next years buy for me. That thing will most definetly disappear in the woods. Plus I have a ton of stealth strip lying around.

BassBoysLLP said:
That looks great man. Side question, now that you've finally moved to a fluid head from the pistol grip, do you plan to pick a remote? It makes self filming so so so much easier. :)
My camera doesn't accept a remote. Otherwise I would. I got really close to pulling the trigger on an FDR-AX100 but couldn't do it!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

flinginairos said:

I'm banking on this level of customer service. I have a little play between the shoulder assembly and the carbon arm. Enough to give it a bounce at full extension. I suspect the bushing but I'm not sure.

Awesome arm regardless. I can't wait to get this thing in the woods. I haven't been this excited since I picked up my VZ rock.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fourth Arrow Camera Arm Review

BassBoysLLP said:
flinginairos said:

I'm banking on this level of customer service. I have a little play between the shoulder assembly and the carbon arm. Enough to give it a bounce at full extension. I suspect the bushing but I'm not sure.

Awesome arm regardless. I can't wait to get this thing in the woods. I haven't been this excited since I picked up my VZ rock.
I guess you need to call them. Two emails since Friday, no response. Calling them tomorrow for sure.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fourth Arrow Camera Arm Review

BassBoysLLP said:
BassBoysLLP said:
flinginairos said:

I guess you need to call them. Two emails since Friday, no response. Calling them tomorrow for sure.
Actually there is no phone number on the website. I sent a third email today and got a reply with a phone number . I plan on talking to them tomorrow. Phone number is 616.581.0993 if you are also having troubles getting ahold of them via email.

I can't explain my frustration enough with this company. I wasn't happy with the arm I received. When fully extended there was a 1/2" to 3/4" up down play (not flex) in the arm. Sent them several emails as there is no phone number on the Web page. Finally got a email with a phone number. Called, no one picked up, and couldn't leave a message since their voice mail was full. Sent another email. Finally got to talk to Calvin at 4th arrow and said he would send me a new their next day and to ship the other one back and send a picture of the shipping receipt for reimbursement. Sent mine the very next day. They have it already. My replacement has not shipped. It hasn't for a week. It is supposedly shipping today. No shipping refund yet.

Got an email today from them today regarding my return. There initial impression was the play in the arm was normal. I've asked a few people now that own the arm and all have said there is no up down play due to poor tolerances between the post and bushing.

They are a young company and clearly busy but this has been a horrible experience. I hope this new arm meets my expectations...if I ever receive it.

Back