• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Funniest wife reaction....

IkemanTX

So, I finally got all the webbing and carabiners in to finish off the Ken molle saddle. I decided to hook it up and hang for a little bit to test the comfortability, but it is raining out. So, I rigged up a hook in to a door jam instead. My wife came home from work while I was in it and just kinda stood there dumbfounded. The first thing out of her mouth was
"Well, it's not the worst swing a wife can come home to find her husband in"

What's the funniest spouse reaction you have that is hunting related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: My wife usually just shakes her head and turns around without saying a word :mrgreen:

I was prepping for a back country elk hunt in Colorado had just spent nearly $1000 on some new gear. I made a post on another forum about my purchases and said something to the effect of "I hope my wife doesn't found out". A bunch of others chimed in on how they do the same thing...hide purchases from their wives.

Like an idiot I got up from the computer and didn't close out the browser. Instead of griping at me, she just posted in the thread...something to the effect of "all you little boys should be ashamed of yourselves." BUSTED!

g2outdoors said:
I was prepping for a back country elk hunt in Colorado had just spent nearly $1000 on some new gear. I made a post on another forum about my purchases and said something to the effect of "I hope my wife doesn't found out". A bunch of others chimed in on how they do the same thing...hide purchases from their wives.

Like an idiot I got up from the computer and didn't close out the browser. Instead of griping at me, she just posted in the thread...something to the effect of "all you little boys should be ashamed of yourselves." BUSTED!

LOL! :lol:

g2outdoors said:

lol - I guess there are worse things in life lol..... perhaps you can use the same tactic to start conditioning her???? :D

My wife had never shot a gun or been around hunting or hunters when I met her. Now she has her own bow and comes out with me.

One of my favorites was when we saw a jackelope hanging on the wall in Cabelas. She asked where you find those. I came up with an elaborate story about how they only grow in texas etc and what the methods were for hunting them. I had her going hook line and sinker and she wasn't as impressed with my story as I was when I finally clued her in.

Of course now days she can name at least a dozen african plains animals, has been elk hunting in idaho, and has been really supportive of my hunting purchases and adventures. She does complain however that sitka doesn't offer pink camo but that is another story....

Before we were married we lived in an apartment (I think we were engaged at this time). I had been really wanting to get a fishing kayak for a long time. So I told her my plan and she wasn't a fan, didn't think I could store it anywhere, etc. I continued to try to convince her it was a good idea and the conversation ended with her saying "fine, get a kayak". So the next day I ordered my kayak, and that evening I let her know. That was the day I learned the actual meaning of "fine".

redsquirrel said:
Before we were married we lived in an apartment (I think we were engaged at this time). I had been really wanting to get a fishing kayak for a long time. So I told her my plan and she wasn't a fan, didn't think I could store it anywhere, etc. I continued to try to convince her it was a good idea and the conversation ended with her saying "fine, get a kayak". So the next day I ordered my kayak, and that evening I let her know. That was the day I learned the actual meaning of "fine".
Hahaha, my wife knows NOT to say anything I should "know" the real meaning of.

Before i bought a saddle i had spent a good amount of time researching and running over pros and cons. I would also tell my wife about my ideas and such. Usually she would lose intrest easily or strike my ideas down. As many of you probably hear as well, she thought i was crazy.

One night i got frustrated at her lack of support and said, "I don't understand why you just dont support my ideas!"

And without missing a beat she turns to me and said, "I'll be supporting you a hell of alot more then that damn contraption will be!"

Needless to say my persistance paid off and i am so glad a ended up with a saddle i cant see hunting any other way. By the way she still laughs at me when she sees me in the back yard practicing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't really have any funny stories about my wife finding out about things I've bought, but she has known about my "sickness" since before we were together. We starting officially "dating" Halloween night 2003. Truth be told I didn't really see her again until after deer season was over that year and I was proud to show her pictures of the nice buck I killed. She stuck with me and we've been together ever since. She still thinks it's sad that the only reason I can remember the year we got together is because I killed a big buck! she has turned into a pretty good hunter herself since then. She's deadly with a bow and rifle!

A few years back I was hunting the rut during my annual November vacation. My friends and I were having a great time exchanging stories as usual and all was great with world because it was that action packed week in the woods. My wife would ask the same questions that she had learned to ask when I got home at night after hunting all day. " Did you see any", "Were they chasing", " Any big ones"? Well about mid-week I came home totally pumped up because I had seen a really good one. She seemed fairly interested so I interpreted that as an opportunity for big daddy to pounce. I said " hey babe you know it's November, surely you're in heat". Her reply " doesn't the biggest or the most dominant buck get the doe"? I said " that's right girl". Her reply .." Well I see neither of those here, Goodnight "

huck72412 said:
A few years back I was hunting the rut during my annual November vacation. My friends and I were having a great time exchanging stories as usual and all was great with world because it was that action packed week in the woods. My wife would ask the same questions that she had learned to ask when I got home at night after hunting all day. " Did you see any", "Were they chasing", " Any big ones"? Well about mid-week I came home totally pumped up because I had seen a really good one. She seemed fairly interested so I interpreted that as an opportunity for big daddy to pounce. I said " hey babe you know it's November, surely you're in heat". Her reply " doesn't the biggest or the most dominant buck get the doe"? I said " that's right girl". Her reply .." Well I see neither of those here, Goodnight "
Bwahahahaha! She is rough! You should have pissed on the carpet and said if no other male comes by and does the same, you are mine! But if someone does at least you know what's the problem! Lol

huck72412 said:

BUUURRNN!

Re: RE: Re: Funniest wife reaction....

swampsnyper said:
huck72412 said:
Bwahahahaha! She is rough! You should have pissed on the carpet and said if no other male comes by and does the same, you are mine! But if someone does at least you know what's the problem! Lol
That is a quick witted woman. Sounds like a good one. She got you there for sure.
Peeing on the carpet sounds like the appropriate action there too.
That's pretty darn awesome

Shaun

essdub said:
swampsnyper said:
huck72412 said:
That is a quick witted woman. Sounds like a good one. She got you there for sure.
Peeing on the carpet sounds like the appropriate action there too.
That's pretty darn awesome

Shaun
Yeah she roasted me there. :( . Perhaps I'm just a button buck and don't realize it!

huck72412 said:
Perhaps I'm just a button buck and don't realize it!

lol - As a fromer taxidermist, I will attest that most of us, Hunters and fisherman, far overestimate the size of our "racks" and "length" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Funniest wife reaction....

DaveT1963 said:
huck72412 said:
Perhaps I'm just a button buck and don't realize it!

lol - As a fromer taxidermist, I will attest that most of us, Hunters and fisherman, far overestimate the size of our "racks" and "length"
Oh good Lord, don't say that. If I'm over estimating, I'm in more trouble than even I thought

Shaun

huck72412 said:
Yeah she roasted me there. :( . Perhaps I'm just a button buck and don't realize it!

Don't under estimate the button buck. When the big boys are fighting, the button buck is sneaking! lol

Back