• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Garbage picking fake xmas tree

nicholas buck

fellas

Just garbage picked a 8 foot xmas tree today. It will be nice to zip tie the branches to any permanent stands or add more cover to bare branches when you need it most after the leaf fall. Plus you can drill and stuff them into a tree trunk where ever you want to breakup your outline. I espically like this to make some of those around the front of the tree shots. Plus the price cannot be beat FREE!!

Cool!! I've been doing that for years but I used fence staples. I like the idea of drilling holes to place them in....

I like to put them up early in the spring when preparing trees so they add a visual blob up in the tree where I'll be come fall. I always felt that having a blob up there will make me less noticeable when I become the blob up in the tree, kind of like having a fake hunter on stand all year long so the deer get used to seeing it....:D

Last edited:
Boy wish I had 3 or 4. Lol I've got a farm with a open woods. Would be cool to put a few on a point and see if deer would bed by them. Seems like great spot, just no cover.

I discovered that if you cut branches with leaves still on them, the leaves will be retained and won't drop off like their uncut relatives. I have drilled a few holes at hanging height and slipped them into the trunk. They will grow into the trunk as the holes grow over in the spring and they become semi permanent at that point.

I discovered that if you cut branches with leaves still on them, the leaves will be retained and won't drop off like their uncut relatives. I have drilled a few holes at hanging height and slipped them into the trunk. They will grow into the trunk as the holes grow over in the spring and they become semi permanent at that point.
Cool idea

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back