• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gift List

Maustypsu

OK. Who got what?

I spend too much throughout the year and the Christmas budget gets reserved for the 4 & 8 year olds here. But I still made out pretty good with the few gifts I did unwrap.

Kayak cart that plugs into my scupper holes.
Some Alpaca socks including knee length for wading while duck hunting.
A very nice down "sweater" for layering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I can put a deer whole into this thing!
90b8945ac6240e542f329d1fbb01f951.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

690f36e0cb629f040a88848ba9bd7937.jpg

I received new boots, since my two boys have grown into my other pairs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of it was cash, since I am "the hardest person to shop for"
And with it, got

2 ropeman 1's
22 ft Yale Bandit
EZ Kut Hand Drill
25 3/8 X 6 grade 8 bolts
Ozone generator
1 Cobra buckle
1 Carabiner
2 Molle water bottle pouches
5.11 Rush 12 backpack

Still have to decide whether I get a set of Dan's snake proof Frog Leg boots/chaps or put that money to other uses.

Fitbit and a sound system for the living room

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Oh man that knife is awesome!

For those of you that know, the Power Pole Micro is not cheap. My wife, brother, and in laws went in together to get it for me. I was totally surprised and that doesn't happen very easily.

Oh man that knife is awesome!

For those of you that know, the Power Pole Micro is not cheap. My wife, brother, and in laws went in together to get it for me. I was totally surprised and that doesn't happen very easily.

Yeah man those power poles are sweet and definitely not cheap! Would love to have one but don't see myself spending that much haha. Let me know how it works!

Yeah man those power poles are sweet and definitely not cheap! Would love to have one but don't see myself spending that much haha. Let me know how it works!

Same for me. No way I would have sprung for it. I'll use it hunting as well. Perfect way to dock on the shore.

Well i got:
Micro 8 w/biner
a d-link
Some zing it line
a db power action cam
a sig sauer kilo 2000 rangefinder
and lastly a HECS suit which i will be testing starting tomorrow.

Lol plus t-shirts and socks

Most of it was cash, since I am "the hardest person to shop for"
And with it, got

2 ropeman 1's
22 ft Yale Bandit
EZ Kut Hand Drill
25 3/8 X 6 grade 8 bolts
Ozone generator
1 Cobra buckle
1 Carabiner
2 Molle water bottle pouches
5.11 Rush 12 backpack

Still have to decide whether I get a set of Dan's snake proof Frog Leg boots/chaps or put that money to other uses.

omg, he must be single lol

omg, he must be single lol

Haha, no. Married with a 9 year old. We just have a VERY large extended family. We had 5 separate family Christmas's to attend. But, since I don't get any hunting budget during the rest of the year, the wife lets all spare Christmas and birthday gift cards and cash be allocated for hunting purposes.

Also, I have price shopped for about four months for each of those items. I was able to stretch what dollars I had very far.

Cz 452 2E American 22lr, BKL rings, Vortex Crossfire 4-12 AO scope, a set of trigger springs and shims.
Waterproof camera case, shirts, exotic wood cutting board, Harley Davidson Tervis cup, 36 oz yeti SS cup, thermacell tree mount, 1 lb of Varget, 1 lb of H380, and a few boresnakes.
A good year.

Between xmas and other year end things I've got a good chunk of change to put towards a new bow. Now I just have to figure out what I want...

PSE Carbon Air. I'm a Mathews guy but if I were ever gonna switch I would definitely give this one a shot.

PSE Carbon Air. I'm a Mathews guy but if I were ever gonna switch I would definitely give this one a shot.
There are too many bows out there to choose from any more. A couple of the guys on here got me looking at the elite impulse 31 and I'm going to have to go shoot it.

There are too many bows out there to choose from any more. A couple of the guys on here got me looking at the elite impulse 31 and I'm going to have to go shoot it.
Just save your money and use that old stick n' string

Red its a nice bow but i would also look at the primes as well. They are similar in feel but the prime has the edge right now. Or wait till the ATA elite is going to release then its 2017 lineup while most companies have already released theirs.

Back