• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Greetings From Bucksport, MAINE

LONG IN THE TOOTH

Hello All,

I'm a custom knifemaker and avid hunter - this year I plan to hunt with a Guido's Web. I haven't decided on whether to use tree climbing gaffs or my Lone Wolf Sticks. I thought I'd join up and see how you experts do it.

I'm looking forward to the discourse.

V/R,

TK

Welcome from Michigan. There's lots of approaches here and lots to soak in. The best part is everyone seems more than willing to share their "secrets" and help out everyone else.

Hello All,

I'm a custom knifemaker and avid hunter - this year I plan to hunt with a Guido's Web. I haven't decided on whether to use tree climbing gaffs or my Lone Wolf Sticks. I thought I'd join up and see how you experts do it.

V/R,

TK

Welcome, TK. I am from Maine as well. Lot of good and innovative people on here. Enjoy.

Welcome from Arkansas. I love Maine, spent alot of time there in my teenage years

Welcome, I have been hunting the big woods of Moosehead since I was 18.

Welcome from Michigan. Lots of great ideas on this forum. Grab a cup...I mean a pot of coffee, sit back and relax while you read the endless ways some of the nicest guys on the internet have tweaked their saddle hunting system.

Welcome, I’m a Mainer as well and just started saddle hunting in the bangor area!

I enjoy the learning of this whole thing as much as the hunting!

Mississippi Welcomes You!!
I use the guidos web with muddy pros sectional ladders and most of the time I climb useing gaffs.
Butch, the original Guidos Web owner, has retired and sold the company to John Reeves out of South Carolina. John has redesigned the guidos web and I believe this design will be a positive.
Take a peek at the forum started by me, Autumnrider, called "A hint at the all new guidos web".

Hello All,

V/R,

TK
Searched Maine on the Welcome thread, found your post from last year - hello from central Maine. Did you get out for first day expanded?

Back