• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Greetings from Indiana

Guff Dawg

I am a new bowhunter awaiting the arrival of my first saddle, the AH kestrel. After a short discussion about tree saddles with my uncle, I made the decision to have saddle hunting be my initial approach for hunting from a tree. Reading some of the forums on this site solidified this decision for me. Good luck in your hunting endeavors, and I can’t wait to read some more great information.

What part of Indiana ?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I am a new bowhunter awaiting the arrival of my first saddle, the AH kestrel. After a short discussion about tree saddles with my uncle, I made the decision to have saddle hunting be my initial approach for hunting from a tree. Reading some of the forums on this site solidified this decision for me. Good luck in your hunting endeavors, and I can’t wait to read some more great information.
Starting off strong. Way to go and good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Welcome to the site, bow hunting is tough early on, but super rewarding. Just stick with it!

I'm up near Warsaw if I can help any way let me know I've hunted out of a saddle for the last 6 years

I'm in the Greenfield area, I, too have hunted from a saddle, now for awhile.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I am sure I will have more informed questions once I get a chance to practice and hunt with the kestrel. I just hope it shows up in time for the Clifty Falls SP deer reduction hunt November 13-14. The rut should be in full swing by then, and I want to be as stealth as possible in that environment.

Back