• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Grilled Goose Breast

ADKMtnTrapper

So anyone who has cooked goose know all to well if you dont cook it right it you mind as well take your belt off and chew on that because that will end up being more tender! :lol:

But one recipe i have been doing recently helps greatly with how tough the meat can be.

First off i use a vinegar based marinate. (I use Tomato, Garlic & Basil) Marinade it for about 5-6 hours in the fridge, i like to use an injector and inject it into the goose.

Then fire up the grill and let it come up to temp. I try to stay around 250-350 deg. (As you can see this isnt an exact science for me but then again i have a charcoal grill) Once its up to temp i throw the meat on for about 5 mins per side. Each time i rotate the meat coat it with the left over marinate. I keep doing that until the internal temp 145-150. I prefer my meat to be a little on the rare side so sometimes ill pull it off sooner then that depending on the size.

Once the meat is up to temp i will take it off and wrap it in aluminum foil to "finish off" cooking. Then i cut into thin slices sort of like medallions and serve with potatoes and veggies!

Hope this helps some of you, if you try it lemme know how it turns out!

I never have really noticed. I just cook it with my ducks and keep on rollin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noxninja said:
I never have really noticed. I just cook it with my ducks and keep on rollin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose sucks!!! I will try this recipe if it helps me eat them. I have a crock pot recipe I like. Mainly I give them to someone who grinds it up and makes jerky out of it.

Back