• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Handwarmer/Dump Pouch 2-in-1

rabidd099

Got this hand warmer/pouch the other day made by Rivers West, I've only got to use it once, as a pouch, it was too warm to try the hand warmer part out for an extended period, but the angle of the hand openings is good for saddles.

The pouch is deep and if you go light with only the necessities you can fit everything in it Including a 10 foot 11.7mm rope tether (except a platform, in my case ameristep strap).

The hand warmer area can be used as a pouch area too, its a good spot for a cell phone or a call. Inside the hand warmer area are two small mesh pockets that hand around palm height for hand warmers. The fleece will be warm enough for a southern winter I'm pretty sure so I put my bow hangers in the handwarmer holders.

They claim its waterproof and windproof fleece but its not a waterproof zipper so water resistant. The windproof fleece isn't as quite as regular fleece but its still plenty quite.

Future mods:
-remove metal zipper pull and replace with a piece of red paracord.
-Possibly alter the belt, but I'll wait until the kestrel comes before that mod. Maybe molle it for versatility.
-Possibly cut out the dump pouch's inner liner (its nylon and the nosiest part but makes cleaning it out easy)
-Make interior pockets in pouch area for items and/or add bolt step holders to the outside.

All and all I think this will replace my lumber pack for short range hunts.

51gt239aqiL._SL1000_.jpg

61ZpgsmUu%2BL._SL1000_.jpg

Here On Amazon

That looks like a pretty sweet hand warmer, I like that it serves more than one purpose, not sure if I'd want to use in on warm weather hunts.

Where did you get it from, I can see it's made by River's West but where did you buy it? Amazon?

That looks like a pretty sweet hand warmer, I like that it serves more than one purpose, not sure if I'd want to use in on warm weather hunts.

Where did you get it from, I can see it's made by River's West but where did you buy it? Amazon?

Yeah off Amazon link is under the pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back