• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hang stands for saddle platform

GBlevins92

im just now getting into saddle hunting I only got to do a few sits in my sit drag the tail end of last season. I was wondering if anyone uses hang on stands for platforms for pre hung set ups I have several and just wondered if they are awkward to use a saddle from.

I have one stand set up like this. Works well. The seat is removed. I have found a couple of old wood stands in the woods I used like this also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You definitely could do this. If you can use screw in steps it would be more cost effective and more hidden for presets.

I'm gonna give it a try since that's what I've been using anyway... I have around 14 hang ons so I'll be in good shape....my concern was the seat being in the way but I'll just take them off

I did this on two of the leases I was on where my buddy would use the lock on and I would use it for a saddle platform. Luckily he switched to a saddle and we could just hang sticks after that.

Back