• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

hanging gear topic

wmahunterfl

New to the saddle, I am going to use a small tether to hang my backpack. But what are you using to hang your rifle or bow if you cannot screw anything into the tree. Saw G2 use a qliptor in his video, something tells me not to trust that one point rivet (curious). What do you find that works well?? I just don't want to see my rifle falling. to the ground. pics would be nice.

The qlipter is rated at 50lbs. Which means it can actually handle more than that. I've used the same one for 3 seasons and never had the first issue. Maybe that helps?

I use one as well and have not had any issues. That was with bow and shotgun.

the 2017 version is now called heroclip. going to give it a try.

THE NEXT GENERATION SUPER CLIP

HEROCLIP - a fully functional clip with a rotating, folding hook - hangs or rests just about anywhere.

• Holds up to 50 lbs
  • Dimensions: 3" wide, 3 3/4" long (closed)
  • Weight: 2 oz
  • Material: Solid aircraft grade machine-cut aluminum with anodized finish, plastic, steel
This product is not for climbing.

It is designed to free your hands so you can do more in your life. It rotates 360 degrees, folds at two joints for maximum versatility and has a rubber tip for grip. When not in use, the hook folds securely on to the clip.

I think they bought the Qlipter. Looks like it would work as well.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

I would agree as mine looks exactly as the hero clip. It has many uses but works great for hanging your weapon or anything else.

Amazon had the various iterations of qlipter and heroclip available, and I went with the latest heroclip version. Assuming the qlipter is functionally the same (quietness, positioning, construction quality), I'd probably suggest it over the heroclip, because the heroclip's edges are very sharply squared. It appears the original qlipter is more rounded and the hook part might be a bit flatter/shallower. The new design probably makes sense for most hanging applications but isn't great for a bow. Though, it's also not hard to fix- I just used some cheap webbing and camo tape to soften those up. Size-wise it works well for my mathews, but if you're the type that hangs your bow by the limb, the heroclip likely wouldn't be wide enough for a split-limb bow.

Back