• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Harnesses

Doofy

I'm back! Anyway here is a new harness some may like. Load bearing lineman loops on the side. I ordered one today. I also wear camo crocs....same pair for 3 years now.

Thicken Wider Climbing Harness, Oumers Protect Waist Version

bf9c1ec53a7eb381edd5e5a98ccbefbe.jpg

Your crocs must be pretty slippery after wearing them that long. Mine last a year before they get dangerous when the treads wear off.

Thanks Doofy, I have been looking for an affordable harness to match with a sit drag setup for my brother. Trying to get him into saddle hunting....

Thanks Doofy, I have been looking for an affordable harness to match with a sit drag setup for my brother. Trying to get him into saddle hunting....
The one I ordered is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I can take some pics of it and post a review in the evening for ya.

So the harness came today and Im really impressed for the price. Im used to wearing an Alpine Bod so this is a nice upgrade.

e2008fb10762775d9d31f02b0a5b24e2.jpg

This is the part that goes around the back and it provides a lot of lower back support.

8412714d4d0c4aeebea10c6c46d3a47c.jpg

The side load bearing metal loops will be great for use with a linemans belt or if you are using a sitdrag as a seat, these loops could be connected to the tether to provide a back strap.

7afadc51fe2089d144c6b66f1c3f9e5f.jpg

The leg loops are padded which will be more comfortable no doubt when climbing with the one stick method. Also, the elastic on the back with limiting webbing loops is a nice touch. This will allow the harness to stretch when in a sitting position so it doesnt bunch up and bind the brothers.

Thank You Doofy for doing that. I'll be sure to pass this information on to my brother. Thanks again

Any updates on you using this harness? Was it comfortable? Did it pair well with the sit drag?

Any updates on you using this harness? Was it comfortable? Did it pair well with the sit drag?
I havent tested it or my sitdrag yet. Been busy with a new kid that was born in April. Things are slowing down though so I will make it a point to use both this weekend

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I havent tested it or my sitdrag yet. Been busy with a new kid that was born in April. Things are slowing down though so I will make it a point to use both this weekend

Congrats on the baby! I have a 3 month old so I know how that goes. Let me know your findings! Thank You

congrats! I have a 20 month old and things haven't slowed down yet!! LOL

Thanks guys! It sounds like the three of us have been quite busy lol.

One thing I will say about this harness (I may have worn it around the house a couple times) is the metal buckles that are on the padded straps that go around your thighs are a little noisy when the harness is off (mainly you will just have to take care when putting it on before your ascent). Once you get it on the buckles don't make any noise at all.

I think this harness is going to be great for the sitdrag since it is so "heavy duty" compared to my plain jane alpine bod. Since the waist strap is so thick, sits high on my waist, and has lineman belt loops, I plan to use that as my back support while sitting on the sitdrag. It won't be up very high on my back but it will provide some support.

I orderd my boatbuckle for my Ameristeps lastnight. I just have to setup my Amsteel Blue for my tether which I will most likely do this Sunday when the wife is at work and the boy is watching hunting shows. I will be able to do a full test this upcoming week but I will try to hang in the saddle at least a little bit tonight so I can provide some better feedback.

I have been watching this product as i am curious how it will hold up for short rappels out of the tree. Looks nice and the cost is doable.

Well gents I planned to get out and test the harness but instead Im sitting in a vet with my dog waiting to find out if she has a dislocated leg or a broken back. I will get to the harness and sitdrag combo hopefully on monday.

Oh no!! I hope your pooch is okay they are like family in my eyes. Family first and good luck

Turned out to be her back. Spent all night thinking we would have to put her down because we cant afford a eight thousand dollar surgery. Thankfully the neuro surgeon thinks she will heal on her own with four weeks of down time. Still cost me two flagship bows in one night.

Anyway I will have the harness and sitdrag put together tomorrow and tested on Monday.

Well gents I planned to get out and test the harness but instead Im sitting in a vet with my dog waiting to find out if she has a dislocated leg or a broken back. I will get to the harness and sitdrag combo hopefully on monday.

No rush , just a curious cat over here getting excited about bow season. It's mainly for a friend that i am trying to bring to the dark side. I also thought it looked fairly durable and I liked the wider backpeice. Hope your dog is okay bud, let us know how your test sit goes ..

Back